Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested to see some stats on whether it's good for a club to have a cup run, or if they're better off getting knocked out at the start of the competition and concentrating on the league. My instinct is that a cup run builds positivity and momentum, as well as sometimes giving games for other squad players.

I'd like a cup run. Just as I feel the prospect of this match has had a positive impact on our league form, if we won and drew Arsenal everyone would be wanting to play in that too, and the excellent league form would be maintained. Without the distraction and pressure release valve of the cup, it's going to be a long difficult slog to get to the end of the campaign and over the line. If Rowett made wholesale changes that's a betrayal of the players who have done so well and will be desperate to play in this, and would make the dressing room really unhappy, potentially sending us on a downward spiral.

I think we've won 4 out of our last 10 league games there - for a while it was quite a happy hunting ground. Though I have a dreadul memory of useless Gary Teale gifting them 3 first half goals in the second leg of the League Cup Semifinal. Let's stand up and be counted and add a cup win to the impressive league record.

May mean taxi but you’ll probably be better off steering towards Bar Fringe, Crown and Kettle, Smithfield, Angel (drank in here after Paulo's wonderful effort in our 3-2 all those years ago), Marble Arch (expensive) but all good quality and great choice of ales. If it’s decent ale you’re after of course.... These are more Northern Quarter and aligned for Etihad Stadium so should be better suited for away fans. Drinking around here later today as I’m sort of local. 

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

There is a bar at the Lowry Outlet shopping centre at Salford Quays. It's about a 10/15 mins walk to Old Trafford from there. Wouldn't recommend parking on the Outlet car park though. Took me an hour just to get off the car park once after going to see a game when the Olympics was on there.

Multi storey car parks...  probably best steer clear these days.... 

17 minutes ago, SKRam said:

May mean taxi but you’ll probably be better off steering towards Bar Fringe, Crown and Kettle, Smithfield, Angel (drank in here after Paulo's wonderful effort in our 3-2 all those years ago), Marble Arch (expensive) but all good quality and great choice of ales. If it’s decent ale you’re after of course.... These are more Northern Quarter and aligned for Etihad Stadium so should be better suited for away fans. Drinking around here later today as I’m sort of local. 

Think that Sinclair oyster bar down that way is an away fans pub! 

The crown & Kettle is in ancoats & is smelly and the northern quarter is decent for a night out but is nowhere near old trafford & would be a taxi ride away from old trafford 

there is a pure gym near uniteds ground in exchange quay im probably going to park in there but you need to be a member of any pure as the car park has a barrier on  

If people don’t mind a slight walk then chortlon is decent for drinks before, at least that’s what I do before/after the cricket. Reckon roughly it’d be 30 minutes, don’t think it’s usually blocked up with football traffic too badly either that way.

Archived