Stoke fans want Rowett....

RamontheMoor

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, David said:

Only at Derby could you be 2nd and some fans want to send our manager to Stoke with 20 games to play.

We're 2nd.

2nd in the table.

Stoke.

Stoke City.

Words fail me. 

The old intolerant me would have been down his throat, ripping the label off his underpants.

Formal warning to Stoke: STAY AWAY.

Actually, Rowett is a rubbish manager so you should look for someone better :ph34r:. I'd like to suggest to you the great Mark Warburton or better yet the Bristol Coty manager Lee Johnson. Both play far more sexy football than Rowett.

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I reckon he'd go. It's a Premier League club who can afford to spend upwards of £20m on one player. He'd have huge resources, better players and a Chairman who hasn't got a history of being trigger happy.

Not Stoke surely - it'd have to be a bigger club than Stoke to tempt him. He's building something here, he lives here, he's on the crest of a wave... and it's stoke!

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Not Stoke surely - it'd have to be a bigger club than Stoke to tempt him. He's building something here, he lives here, he's on the crest of a wave... and it's stoke!

To turn that argument around, he works for a chairman who doesn't think twice about pulling the trigger during a poor run of form, repeatedly. 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Well, it’s fair to say the majority of stoke fans want him 

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread

like someone said, they have had a lot of years in the prem and now they are thinking above their station.

they probably have young fans who think they have been getting 25k every week forever. While in reality they had about 5k regulars at the old victoria ground in what was very much not a football city/town at all. They are like the modern day bolton wanderers. the sooner they **** off to league 1 the better!

4 minutes ago, ramma said:

He needs to come out with a strong statement affirming his loyalty to us otherwise he’s no different to McClaren when Newcastle came sniffing. 

Hope this is sarcasm.  Situation a bit different; Stoke still have a manager and apart from a few fans expressing an opinion there is nothing remotely serious linking him to the job... but then again, you are probably being sarcastic!

9 minutes ago, ramma said:

He needs to come out with a strong statement affirming his loyalty to us otherwise he’s no different to McClaren when Newcastle came sniffing. 

On the basis of what - a few fans on social media saying they want him to be their manager when, for now at least, they still have Mark Hughes?

This is getting ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

To turn that argument around, he works for a chairman who doesn't think twice about pulling the trigger during a poor run of form, repeatedly. 

As well as more money to work with, a better crop of players, and the simple fact that they're in the Premier League and we're not (yet). 

I appreciate that yes, they're Stoke, and we're on a crest, just like we were on a crest under McClaren, but things can change quickly in football. Say we lose our next three league games. Those upstairs get a little irritated. Play-off chances start to slip. The boo-boys reappear all of a sudden. Might Rowett suddenly think: "Hang on, Premier League clubs are coming calling and I'm potentially always five games away from being in trouble at Derby....should I?..."

It could happen.

Archived