Stoke fans want Rowett....

RamontheMoor

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RamontheMoor said:

According to my wife and son, Stoke fans on their post match radio phone in want Rowett to replace Hughes.... Can't see the attraction of that job, but maybe I'm biased living in Stoke on Trent ??

I didn't think someone lived in Stoke on Trent I thought it was more existing 

Stoke are an established PL club. Sure they're one of about 13 clubs who could go down every season in the PL, but they've got a solid squad there with resources to improve their situation.

They are having a really poor season, but they're still above water and not one of the current three favourites to go down.

For Derby to be in such a position, it could take us as many as seven or eight years. First we've got to get out of the Championship, and then we'd have to be up there for a few seasons to consider 16th spot after 22 games as having a really poor season.

I could see why he'd drop us for them.

I'm sure I recall Brum fans saying one of the things about him was he'd always be open to a better job whilst with them.

I'd not be happy if he went there but the lure of a PL team which isn't a no hope job, i could see him go for it, but I'd trust Mel to get a hard bargain. Would be struggling to see who we'd replace him with...

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

They don't want Hughes I can't for the life of me think why they'd want Rowett. But, fingers crossed they do.

I know you don't like Rowett and I've questioned some of his decisions but who would you realistically get to replace him? I don't think anyone coming in would improve on our current position.

Just now, McLovin said:

I know you don't like Rowett and I've questioned some of his decisions but who would you realistically get to replace him? I don't think anyone coming in would improve on our current position.

Ask Mel who he wants - he'd got Gary lined up so he must be a good enough businessman to forsee a situation like this, especially after Mac/Newcastle. Still can't see why Stoke would want Rowett.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm sure I recall Brum fans saying one of the things about him was he'd always be open to a better job whilst with them.

I'd not be happy if he went there but the lure of a PL team which isn't a no hope job, i could see him go for it, but I'd trust Mel to get a hard bargain. Would be struggling to see who we'd replace him with...

Mark Hughes simple 

The price of being successful is that your manager and players will be wanted by other clubs. I would far rather that were the case because it means we're doing something right. I was surprised when Rowett left Burton for Brum and thought it would go wrong for him, but he proved what a good manager he is and got them out of the mire.

He has more of a connection with us and I think would love a promotion to the Premier League on his CV and is well-placed for that, but if they came in for him he'd be mad not to consider it. However, whatever happens it is a manager's duty to express 100% commitment to their current club, full stop, even if it's a lie. So, if asked, he should say in public he's not interested and he's loving his job at Derby, even if behind the scenes he's discussing it with Mel.

Happily, the allure of the overseas manager seems to sedue many Premier League clubs and Chairmen.

Archived