Defence

RamNut

Incredible record......

Conceded 1 in the last 6, or 2 in the last 7 since Reading.

conceded  3 in 6 prior to Reading since Ledley signed

9 in 14 overall since Ledley arrived.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Incredible record......

Yes I agree, it is incredible, it's all the work that Gary and his coaching team as done on the training ground, Keogh and Davis best centre half pairing in the division, would not swap them for anyone, at this level, also Carson best keeper in the division, and Baird has been excellent since coming into the team, full of experience, and a great understanding between all players in the back 5, can see us having a very successful season due to this.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Incredible record......

Fair enough, he’s done well, but there’s a lot more factors than Ledley playing. It’s sort of a random stat. 

Been a long time since I’ve felt this confident with our defence.

Honestly who felt at 1-0 late on Villa would score? Seasons gone by there was a feeling of inevitability, when not if. Yesterday didn’t even come into my mind we’re going to concede and throw points away.

Not just that, this team is stepping up both home and away in big games, 2-0 Villa, 3-0 away to Boro, 1-2 Leeds, 1-2 Norwich these at the time were top 6 sides (Boro game I believe was for top 6).

We’ve has some horrors along the way sure, Bristol City, Reading and the unexplainable Sheff Utd game but we genuinely are a solid side to beat now. 

It is only half way through the season, must admit I am a tiny tiny bit nervous given our previous after Santa’s been, get through January unscathed and things are looking extremely rosey in the Rowett garden.

Hard to beat yes, but we will drop points as will the others.

Can see us finishing top 4. Only when the season is over will we see exactly which position. Bristol City and cardiff keep winning also. They have similar records to us in terms of points haul in the last 15 games or so. It may well come down to the games we play each other. I know when Burnley overhauled Boro and Brighton, and likewise when Watford sneeked into 2nd the season before, it was because they remained undefeated in the games against their rivals.

On 17/12/2017 at 10:07, RamNut said:

We conceded 3 in 10 with 5 consecutive clean sheets under schteve last season.

boo

Rowett out,

Always felt that was a flukey run based on high confidence. The inevitable crash came eventually. 

Compare that to this year and the emphasis GR is putting on being hard to beat. Watching the team develop this year has been wonderful. Looking at the relationship that has built between Carson, Keogh, Davies, Hudds and Ledley has genuinely instilled confidence. That little quintet when playing well could not just serve us well in this league but in the prem too

On 12/17/2017 at 03:35, Ninos said:

Fair enough, he’s done well, but there’s a lot more factors than Ledley playing. It’s sort of a random stat. 

But its an observable fact that Ledley gives the ball away a lot less than Johnson did when playing in that position. 

8 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Always felt that was a flukey run based on high confidence. The inevitable crash came eventually. 

We were ridiculously well drilled during that run, more so than now. We’d spend whole halves under the cosh. BJ was absolutely immense playing as almost an additional centre-half. 

The crash was because we tried controlling games instead of soaking up pressure and relying on Ince.

3 hours ago, DRBee said:

But its an observable fact that Ledley gives the ball away a lot less than Johnson did when playing in that position. 

Fair enough. You’ve pinpointed Johnson’s only weakness. Ledley is serviceable and I’m very pleased we have him but don’t quite get the massive adulation like he’s changed our season around. Thorne showed in a few minutes he can do what Ledley can do and some. 

40 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Fair enough. You’ve pinpointed Johnson’s only weakness. Ledley is serviceable and I’m very pleased we have him but don’t quite get the massive adulation like he’s changed our season around. Thorne showed in a few minutes he can do what Ledley can do and some. 

Thorne + Ledley looks very tasty at this level. And TH has grown in stature a lot in the last 5.

On 17/12/2017 at 01:43, RamNut said:

Incredible record......

Shame about those 4 in one game or it’d look even more impressive. Hopefully that was just a one-off

Archived