U18s v Man Utd - FA Youth Cup

Day

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Can't help but feel we should have a rule change.

Once the lad obviously wasn't able to carry on, doesn't it make sense to allow a 4th substitution, given it was in extra time in a youth match?

Keep it as it is for me. Nobody forced the teams to use all 3 subs so early and if you know there is a chance of going to extra time, use common sense and don't make changes for the sake of it.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Would we then start to see players faking injuries to get taken off and bring on fresh legs?

Be better if they just allowed a 4th sub in extra time as standard, not just youth level

Good idea, guess you may get players gaming the system, but better that than asking youngsters to play on through what may turn out to be a serious injury.

I predict we'll see a rule change soon enough anyway, allowing extra subs when a head injury is involved.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Keep it as it is for me. Nobody forced the teams to use all 3 subs so early and if you know there is a chance of going to extra time, use common sense and don't make changes for the sake of it.

Maybe, but I guess people made the same arguments when we went from no subs to 1, 1 to 3, matchday 14 to whatever it us now, etc.

I just think from reading various bits and pieces recently that concussion and it's treatment are going to become a very hot topic in football sooner rather than later, and I'd rather see the rules around substitutions change than the rules about heading a ball, or aerial challenges.

Debate for another thread and another time, maybe?

48 minutes ago, David said:

Fryatt is on it, 3 penalty saves in a row! It's all about that tongue sticking out

48 minutes ago, needles said:

Joe Fryatt!!!

46 minutes ago, needles said:

Stick your man u up your chuff. Come on Derby. Well done lads.

44 minutes ago, curtains said:

Fantastic saves by Fryatt

44 minutes ago, David said:

If we make it to the play off final, get Fryatt on the bench ready if we go to penalties

Buzzing for my childhood mate. 

IMG_0938.thumb.JPG.6db3d916808bfecea1dbe4734a6ac6e0.JPG

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Buzzing for my childhood mate. 

IMG_0938.thumb.JPG.6db3d916808bfecea1dbe4734a6ac6e0.JPG

BurtonRam7 being carried out of the classroom. Pissed even before the register has been taken. Started scribbling over his mates, shouting “l love Art me, l bloody love Art”.

44 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hilariously,  I discovered a highlights program this evening on MUTV - which for some reason I have as part of our sky package. 

Great biased commentary from a couple of doleful sounding mancs. 

I just watched it too. Was surprised to find my subscription covered it. We battered them in extra time and the commentator said that United were defending brilliantly when in reality they barely got out of their penalty area and we had a perfectly good goal wrongly disallowed for offside. Some great penalty saves too - most enjoyable.

9 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

I just watched it too. Was surprised to find my subscription covered it. We battered them in extra time and the commentator said that United were defending brilliantly when in reality they barely got out of their penalty area and we had a perfectly good goal wrongly disallowed for offside. Some great penalty saves too - most enjoyable.

Tbh I thought the penalty shoot out was on the whole quite poor quality. With the exception of Bogle who did a really nice side foot into the corner, having completely wrong footed the keeper.

There's future England seniors and 15 more years of hurt right there!

Archived