Pre-Match Music Poll

Day

DCFC Fans Pre-Match Music Poll  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I answered that I like the music but that’s because I like it now, before they changed it I hated it. I wish they wouldn’t get a tune and stick with it, change it up more often as if you don’t like it you’re not suffering too long. 

The atmosphere (lack of) is created by moaning entitled fans. No music will change that. I’ll bet even though it’s come direct from GR that the moaners adversely effect the players they still won’t have it. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like the idea of the players choosing and therefore connecting with the fans.  But it will mean something different before every match.

I think we need to remember that Steve Bloomer is a relatively recent addition to the pre match music in terms of our history so there's no reason why it can't be changed.  Having said that I don't think it should be altered.  It has been speeded up a bit and that's fine - it gets (most/many) people clapping, singing and shouting, so nothing wrong with it. And it's ours.  

For me it's not about having music per se but what music is played - there's nothing much in the current play list that I know or can sing to; there's no football related anthems the South Stand can sing to and help build the atmosphere:  If they played Last Christmas now, then we would adapt it and sing about Matej; if they played Let it Be, then we would adapt it. But the point is that we would join in.  And I'm sure there are many others that you could build into a play list that would make/help people to join in the singing.

Is it posssible to turn the volume down in the south (and east), whilst leaving it up in the others?

My understanding is those in the south complain about the volume more than most, so it could be a solution to please as many as possible. 

In terms of generating atmosphere... I think getting more more people drinking in and around the stadium as early as possible would boost the atmosphere more than anything else. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Just to throw a suggestion out there, let the players decide the music. You will never find a signature song that a large percentage of fans agree on, it's impossible. 

Each game a player creates a set list of songs for the build up and walk out (maybe the last 10 songs), include a page in the match day programme with the list of tracks chosen, maybe a side interview, favourite bands, first gig, first CD bought etc. might even be able to squeeze a 2 minute RamsTV video out of it.

That way not only can we boo the players performances on the pitch but song choices as well.

I know what you're thinking, I'm not just a pretty face right? I know, I know.

Yeahbut players notoriously like little known bands or singer so they can just be “different”

silly idea, it was a joke right?

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yeahbut players notoriously like little known bands or singer so they can just be “different”

silly idea, it was a joke right?

I hope you're not generalising footballers Mr Boycie, if I was a betting man I would say Carson is quite partial to a bit of Girls Aloud, Johnson One Direction and Nugent is definitely a Robbie Williams fan.

Only one way we'll find out....

11 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I answered that I like the music but that’s because I like it now, before they changed it I hated it. I wish they wouldn’t get a tune and stick with it, change it up more often as if you don’t like it you’re not suffering too long. 

The atmosphere (lack of) is created by moaning entitled fans. No music will change that. I’ll bet even though it’s come direct from GR that the moaners adversely effect the players they still won’t have it. 

Crap players adversely affect the moaners. 

Works both ways.

Been thinking about this, but it differs slightly from my original votes.

• Pre-match music needs to be in the background, present but not overwhelming that crowds can't build an atmosphere.
  • We need something with a bit more oomph to come out the tunnel weekly. Run To The Hills or something. 
  • Then into SBW seconds before the whistle.

I would do away with it altogether, I hate the attempt to manufacture an atmosphere, we’re not American. How can anyone sing and chant when we’re drowned out with piped music? I’d like to see us try to return to a proper football club atmosphere like so many clubs on the continent. 

24 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I would do away with it altogether, I hate the attempt to manufacture an atmosphere, we’re not American. How can anyone sing and chant when we’re drowned out with piped music? I’d like to see us try to return to a proper football club atmosphere like so many clubs on the continent. 

Oh, the irony.

Yes, we need music when we score and then announcer needs to shout out the scorers Christian name and crowd respond by chanting his surname.

This is common practice in matches abroad.

The crowd needs to be encouraged to get more involved in matches through maybe some chorographed singing and changing, instigated by an announcer or a particular arousing piece of music.

This would help give both the players and crowd a lift and maybe even intimidate the opposition  

Archived