Pre-Match Music Poll

Day

DCFC Fans Pre-Match Music Poll  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe he could do a rap tailored for whichever opposition we have.

Funny you should say that. By the looks of the dcfc official Instagram this afternoon they are doing a rap battle against a local Ipswich rapper, presumably to be released before the Ipswich away game.

1 hour ago, NoLoRam said:

Funny you should say that. By the looks of the dcfc official Instagram this afternoon they are doing a rap battle against a local Ipswich rapper, presumably to be released before the Ipswich away game.

Not seen it but I’m guessing it goes something like “My tractors bring all the boys to the farm, and they're like, it's better than yours”?

On 13/12/2017 at 18:50, angieram said:

Liked this because I voted similarly. I don't think the current song they do just before the players arrive is the right one (sorry @Carl Sagan - I  know it's your tune.) A bit more generally well-known anthem would be better.

I like Steve Bloomer and around me in North Stand most sing it, when they don't join in with anything else (miserable gits - including my husband!) 

I  agree that the volume needs sorting but maybe it's just louder further up in the stands? 

It's not really mine and Mrs Sagan's song because it's such a horrible, horrible version where someone's done their very best to ruin it, so in this case you're forgiven - just! If they played the actual song people would enjoy it more.

What annoyed me yesterday was the half-time music.

we have owen interviewing michael johnson and darius vassell on the screen, totally drowned out by music?

couldn't hear a word.

So called entrance music seems to be either traditional and been with a club for ages such as You'll never walk alone, Z  cars, the power game, Fanfare for the common man, The liquidator, 633 squadron, etc. Some used by more than one club. Others are changed every few years when the choice goes out of fashion, tradionally we always used the Dambusters but it seems to have gone away now although I seem to remember it was revived for a while under Lionel.

What I think is poor (and my teen sons agree), is the sound balance. When the new PA was installed it was a dramatic improvement on the original system and it could be played loud and when it did it sounded quite clear, almost like a concert PA system.

A couple of months ago the sound took a dive; my guess is that we have a new knob twiddler (watch that get kicked out. lol) that has adjusted the sound balance to make the screeching mess we hear now.

Just re-employ the original twiddler on the roof, please.

The volume of the half time announcements and music pisses me off, I’m in the east stand and at half time like to discuss the first half action with those around me, but it’s virtually impossible because of the noise coming out of the speakers. 

3 minutes ago, rebb1 said:

I personally think we should have 'Steve Bloomer is watching' at half time as well as before the kick off, it will give the team a lift for the 2nd half

You should go into the concourse area and talk there, where you can be tempted to buy food and drink if you so please ;)

On 14/12/2017 at 19:42, Seth's left foot said:

That version of Mr Brightside that gets played is awful.

play Black and White Town by Doves

then Steve Bloomer’s watching

leave enough time then for a chant, ideally  

Since I was young as that creates a good sustained atmosphere.

And no music when we score!

Agree. That !music when we score is pathetic and amateurish bad enough in cricket 

Archived