Pre-Match Music Poll

David

DCFC Fans Pre-Match Music Poll  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pre-match music was briefly discussed at last nights Fan Forum, the club said that they are looking for feedback from fans so I've created this poll with the same questions which were asked. Get voting and drop your thoughts into this thread.

If you haven't seen yet, pre match music/atmosphere discussion starts roughly 1hr 40mins in.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No music for 10 minutes or so beforehand then after the players emerge Steve Bloomer would be my choice (or a better anthem, but being realistic that's not going to happen).

General volume level is way too high.

Tunes should be a mix of Motown/60's/indie/punk/post punk/ska.

I would go the whole hog and shut the concourse bar 15 minutes before kick off. If there's not enough time to get beers in you, leave earlier!

We need to have the fans, in the stand, getting into audible exchanges with the oppo. This should not be drowned out by music and the tannoy announcer.

a couple of minuties ( and I mean 2 or 3 ) Just before and as the players come out is fine and fun, part of the ramp up to the main event as is Steve Bloomer,  the 10-15 mins before people are meeting their friends, talking about the upcoming game, catching up. .. we don't need to be deafened to the point that you cant speak to the person next to you 

I don't have issues with what's played, just the volume. Any efforts at starting chants before the match starts are utterly drowned out.

I do wonder if the volume changes from place to place in the stadium?

I would suggest some of the team who feed into those decisions come into the stands and experience it to see what it's like.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

I would go the whole hog and shut the concourse bar 15 minutes before kick off. If there's not enough time to get beers in you, leave earlier!

We need to have the fans, in the stand, getting into audible exchanges with the oppo. This should not be drowned out by music and the tannoy announcer.

1 hour ago, jono said:

a couple of minuties ( and I mean 2 or 3 ) Just before and as the players come out is fine and fun, part of the ramp up to the main event as is Steve Bloomer,  the 10-15 mins before people are meeting their friends, talking about the upcoming game, catching up. .. we don't need to be deafened to the point that you cant speak to the person next to you 

To views, opposite in what they want, showing the difficulty of it all.

I only get there a couple of mins before the teams come out so I don't really care. Of far more importance to me is that Chiquitos employ some more bar staff so we're not 5-deep at the bar. Especially when some stupid woman orders a cocktail which takes 20 minutes to make.

I would try stopping the music,15 mins before kick off,just to see.

Players come out to an anthem,try dance,rock,metal etc.(I loved ThunderStruck)

Personally I’m not keen on disrespecting Steve Bloomer and moving it.

I think the club should try a range of options,it’s going to be difficult to sort out.

Can we get any good ideas from abroad?

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

To views, opposite in what they want, showing the difficulty of it all.

I only get there a couple of mins before the teams come out so I don't really care. Of far more importance to me is that Chiquitos employ some more bar staff so we're not 5-deep at the bar. Especially when some stupid woman orders a cocktail which takes 20 minutes to make.

You are quite right of course but regardless of taste or duration it seems to me that the volume is a real issue for a lot of people. 

there is no doubt in my mind that the volume exceeds reasonable limits to the point that it hurts ! That isn't right and my ears aren't even the best given my age

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I would try stopping the music,15 mins before kick off,just to see.

Players come out to an anthem,try dance,rock,metal etc.(I loved ThunderStruck)

Personally I’m not keen on disrespecting Steve Bloomer and moving it.

I think the club should try a range of options,it’s going to be difficult to sort out.

Can we get any good ideas from abroad?

Liked this because I voted similarly. I don't think the current song they do just before the players arrive is the right one (sorry @Carl Sagan - I  know it's your tune.) A bit more generally well-known anthem would be better.

I like Steve Bloomer and around me in North Stand most sing it, when they don't join in with anything else (miserable gits - including my husband!) 

I  agree that the volume needs sorting but maybe it's just louder further up in the stands? 

The killers/guns n roses mix is good, the Steve bloomers watching on speed before the kick off is good, I wouldn’t change anything! The loud music is needed as the quiet fans don’t add to it....

ive been impressed with the fireworks before kick off vs Burton and Ipswich and the flags vs forest really built the atmosphere

All in all can’t grumble, compare it to some away fixtures then grumble...

we’re the black n white army!!!

Just to throw a suggestion out there, let the players decide the music. You will never find a signature song that a large percentage of fans agree on, it's impossible. 

Each game a player creates a set list of songs for the build up and walk out (maybe the last 10 songs), include a page in the match day programme with the list of tracks chosen, maybe a side interview, favourite bands, first gig, first CD bought etc. might even be able to squeeze a 2 minute RamsTV video out of it.

That way not only can we boo the players performances on the pitch but song choices as well.

I know what you're thinking, I'm not just a pretty face right? I know, I know.

33 minutes ago, David said:

Just to throw a suggestion out there, let the players decide the music. You will never find a signature song that a large percentage of fans agree on, it's impossible. 

Each game a player creates a set list of songs for the build up and walk out (maybe the last 10 songs), include a page in the match day programme with the list of tracks chosen, maybe a side interview, favourite bands, first gig, first CD bought etc. might even be able to squeeze a 2 minute RamsTV video out of it.

That way not only can we boo the players performances on the pitch but song choices as well.

I know what you're thinking, I'm not just a pretty face right? I know, I know.

Can they have different volumes/music in different areas.

Louder more modern in the South Stand etc,play re runs of the Archers in the East Stand(I’m joking)!

Do you get what I mean?

Archived