Carson

Bob Gnarly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might have been my imagination/wishful thinking but I thought I saw Scott Carson come onto the pitch after tonight's FA Youth Cup win and congratulate Joe Fryatt for saving the three penalties in the shootout. Kudos if so for turning out on a cold snowy midweek night; apologies if I was mistaken.

7 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Awful keepers don't win the Golden Glove in the Prem 4 times in 5 years. Granted he's not as good now but to say he's awful is laughable.

It's my opinion that he really is not a very goalkeeper and I'll stick by that view. Every time I watch him play he seems drop a clanger. 

16 hours ago, trooper said:

Carson could be a top top keeper, but his distribution is shockingly bad.

Shot stopping he is one of the best in the land, but goal kicks, passes, and kicking is very poor.

If he could sort that out then he would not be at derby county

peter shilton couldnt take a goal kick that cleared the half way line could he? just shows how keepers roles have changed

I think the problem with Hart is that he has seen the superstar status given to keepers like Neuer who play as a sweeper for his team, increasing his involvement in the football.

He wants a piece of that, he seems like someone who wants the limelight and praise so he is trying to be that sort of goalkeeper.

The problem is that he isn't technically gifted enough to deal with close quarter play or clever enough to know when and where to position himself which leads to the majority of his mistakes.

As a shot stopper he's excellent, but he's trying to be more than he is and it's making him look bad. Guardiola was strong enough to recognise that, the likes of Southgate aren't.

5 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I think the problem with Hart is that he has seen the superstar status given to keepers like Neuer who play as a sweeper for his team, increasing his involvement in the football.

He wants a piece of that, he seems like someone who wants the limelight and praise so he is trying to be that sort of goalkeeper.

The problem is that he isn't technically gifted enough to deal with close quarter play or clever enough to know when and where to position himself which leads to the majority of his mistakes.

As a shot stopper he's excellent, but he's trying to be more than he is and it's making him look bad. Guardiola was strong enough to recognise that, the likes of Southgate aren't.

Why couldn’t the world’s greatest ever coach, Guardiola, coach that out of him?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not sure if you're trying to make out I'm a Guardiola fan-boy or not?!

I'm not, by the way, but if you google "is joe hart arrogant" and read some of the results, maybe it's not a battle worth having?

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It’s like playing an instrument; if you don’t do it young or aren’t comfortable with it at that age you’ll struggle with it in later life.

Same with one footedness. 

23 hours ago, trooper said:

Carson could be a top top keeper, but his distribution is shockingly bad.

Shot stopping he is one of the best in the land, but goal kicks, passes, and kicking is very poor.

If he could sort that out then he would not be at derby county

I think thats a bit of a harsh comment. I used to think something similar, however Carson actually tries to get play going with long accurate passes to the wings. It's a hard skill and risks going out for throws etc.  He rarely just hoofs it to central areas. His distribution in the last few matches Ive seen has been good in my opinion. His shot stopping is excellent.

Archived