Craig Forsyth

Ninos

For whatever reason I’m still steaming over the Ipswich game ...

I mentioned it in the matchday thread that Fozzy made not one not two but SIX fundamental errors prior to them scoring from their training ground practiced corner kick. Six is a lot. Three random hoofs upfield to no one, one lost header, one time totally skinned by Waghorn, one time getting beat and allowing a very dangerous cross into the 6 yard box and one time handing them the corner. You could even add the headed goal because shouldn’t he have stopped that at his side of the goal ? 

subsequently he gave away two horrible passes that easily could have led to goals ... saved by teammates

this Defeat was as much down to one player as I’ve seen in a while. Take Fozzy out and at worst it’s a draw ...

I’ve not been a Fozzy detractor and I hate singling him out but he gives corners away every game at an alarming rate and he seems so easy to beat when a winger comes at him and he goes into his sideways stance.

Can someone tell me what Rowett sees in him and why he persists with him? What about moving Baird over to LB, re inserting olsson Lowe or McDonald ? What are we going to do with him?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't have a great game no, but to say it was all his fault is harsh, we had enough chances up the other end to score more than 1 so the blame lies with all the team.

I agree he wasn't great. He's about 75% of the player he was before the injury, which still makes him better than Olson. I'd stick with him for now because it's only by playing that he's going to get back to the player he was. Prior to the injury I can barely recall him EVER getting beaten. Baird's a safe option but would offer little or no attacking threat down that side.

I think it was time he was left out and if GR doesn't fancy Olsson and Lowe is a fitness liability then I think it's the first position to strengthen in January.

Not really sure why people dislike Olsson so much, or have a love-in with Forsyth.  The former is nowhere near as bad as some like to think and the latter has been shocking for most of the season.

31 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I mentioned it in the matchday thread that Fozzy made not one not two but SIX fundamental errors prior to them scoring from their training ground practiced corner kick. Six is a lot. Three random hoofs upfield to no one, one lost header, one time totally skinned by Waghorn, one time getting beat and allowing a very dangerous cross into the 6 yard box and one time handing them the corner. You could even add the headed goal because shouldn’t he have stopped that at his side of the goal ? 

subsequently he gave away two horrible passes that easily could have led to goals ... saved by teammates

this Defeat was as much down to one player as I’ve seen in a while. Take Fozzy out and at worst it’s a draw ...

I’ve not been a Fozzy detractor and I hate singling him out but he gives corners away every game at an alarming rate and he seems so easy to beat when a winger comes at him and he goes into his sideways stance.

Can someone tell me what Rowett sees in him and why he persists with him? What about moving Baird over to LB, re inserting olsson Lowe or McDonald ? What are we going to do with him?

Baird was marking their goalscorer.

Why not launch a vendetta against him too or would vilifying 3 players be too much of a strain.

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Six errors is rubbish. In order of how it happened. The first ball up the line is a clearance up the line. Nothing wrong with that. Should have done better against Waghorn, tried to see the ball out and misjudged it. The second ball up the line should never had been given to him. Had their winger on him and Waghorn closing him down, Ledley should not have given him the ball at all. If you are going to call him for losing the header what about Nugent's attempt from the his 2nd clearance, Davies feeble attempt before the first clearance, Ledley's feeble attempt just before Forsyth's header (he does actually get something on it and it goes to Davies) and Lawrence's feeble attempt after that? He didn't get skinned by the winger he jinxed a little, got half a yard of space and put a poor cross in, Davies should have done better really, should have put his foot through it. Forsyth should have tried clearing with his right foot, not sure what he was thinking there. The player that scored was being marked by the player you want at left back, Baird. Not sure what Weimann was doing either.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

You say you hate singling out a player yet you seem to find it so easy to do and not just with Forsyth. God help us if all fans did the same.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

If GR doesn't like Olsson it's obviously a position to be addressed in January. 

Forsyth can be one of the best full backs in the league. On rare occasions he struggles in one off games against out and out pace but generally is solid. His crossing is usually a strength. Distribution from deeper can misfire but benefits from having a target man to play in to.

All in all he's a good left back at this level and goes quietly about his business. When he has an off day you tend to notice it because he's usually reliable.

Notice you're not lambasting Vydra for being wasteful in front of goal Ninos...

With wisdom available again ? we could play him at RB and Baird at LB. fozzy doesn't seem back to his best , Lowe isn't fit very often and Olson isn't my favourite. 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

You ok hon? 

What a ridiculous thread. We lost a game of football because between them, 11 players in a Derby County shirt couldn't put a couple of chances away.

These things happen, the fact you're "still fuming" is bizarre and to single out individual players, whether it's Forsyth, Martin or whoever is incredibly childish.

So tired of seeing "it's Keoghs fault" "it's Forsyth's fault", or normally with you "it's Martin's fault".

Get over it, move on and concentrate on making the only difference you can - by supporting the team, and that means whoever is playing/managing etc.

Archived