Thomas Ince

California Ram.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The 2 best English midfielders of our generation were unable to play together, despite the efforts of 2 of the best managers in the world, reasonable evidence that sometimes players just don't go together in a team.

Of course I've got no evidence that Vydra and Ince would not work together but I think Vydra is a player that needs to be on the ball as often as possible to make his game tick, something I don't think would be happening in the same team as Ince.

To be fair, they may well have done had Carrick sat behind them...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, cannable said:

To be fair, they may well have done had Carrick sat behind them...

But kind of backs up my point (I think) that sometimes you have to change the whole dynamic of the team to get 2 players playing together in the same team.

The way we set up to play and the individual talents of Ince and Vydra, I just don' think they would work together. Just my opinion of course.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Robinson 

Neville   Ferdinand Terry   Cole

Carrick

Beckham        Lampard

Scholes

Gerrard

Rooney

Ahhh the old 4-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation. I like it.

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

Only way to get all of them in their best positions.

Lampard and Gerrard are the wrong way round. And that was the problem, Lampard was better further forward than Gerrard, who was more of a box to box player, but everyone always thought they were similar.

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

Lampard and Gerrard are the wrong way round. And that was the problem, Lampard was better further forward than Gerrard, who was more of a box to box player, but everyone always thought they were similar.

Have to disagree with that. Lampard's best form came when he was on the left of a midfield 3( and he admitted that it is his favourite position) which allowed him to arrive late into the box. That's what made him so deadly whilst when played at 10, he tended to struggle as it was easier for teams to follow his runs. Gerrard's best form arguably came when he was played at number 10 behind Torres at Liverpool when he had mascherano and Alonso behind him which meant he had almost no defensive responsibility.

Surprised Huddersfield didn't give Ince the chance to score from the spot when awarded a penalty in the 90th minute at Watford, already winning 3-1 and the three points being safe.

Ince came out and said a goal would do his confidence wonders after having failed to find the net so far this season.

Bizarre decision IMO.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Surprised Huddersfield didn't give Ince the chance to score from the spot when awarded a penalty in the 90th minute at Watford, already winning 3-1 and the three points being safe.

Ince came out and said a goal would do his confidence wonders after having failed to find the net so far this season.

Bizarre decision IMO.

I'm sure Mooy has set himself targets as well though Bris, by all accounts he put in a man of the match performance, maybe the pen was the perfect reward for him for a great afternoons work.

It can't all be about Tom Ince all the time pal (and I don't mean you're going on about him)

9 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm sure Mooy has set himself targets as well though Bris, by all accounts he put in a man of the match performance, maybe the pen was the perfect reward for him for a great afternoons work.

It can't all be about Tom Ince all the time pal (and I don't mean you're going on about him)

For a team player, a win in the PL is reward enough for a great afternoons work. I'm sure Mooy enjoyed the penalty but he'd have been happy enough with just the win if he's got anything about him. I'm sure Ince was happy with the win but a goal could get him rolling, that's more important than massaging Mooy's ego. 

If you're a manager, you should be managing your entire squad, not just the stars. Bris is spot on, in a situation like that it's a great call to give Ince the penalty. If you have a chance as obvious as that to get another players confidence up, you take it.

That's going to help you out in the next game more than Mooy getting a goal.

20 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bizarre decision IMO.

I've always seen those 'sympathy' penalties as more of an insult to players than a potential confidence boost. You are too **** to score by yourself, so here is a gift from the regular penalty taker! All seems a bit childish to me. But there seems to be plenty of players who appreciate them as it's not an unusual thing to see teams do.

I wonder how Ince would have viewed the act of charity.  And what would it have done for his confidence had he missed?

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

I've always seen those 'sympathy' penalties as more of an insult to players than a potential confidence boost. You are too **** to score by yourself, so here is a gift from the regular penalty taker! All seems a bit childish to me. But there seems to be plenty of players who appreciate them as it's not an unusual thing to see teams do.

I wonder how Ince would have viewed the act of charity.  And what would it have done for his confidence had he missed?

My thoughts exactly.

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

Isn’t Nick Blackman’s one and only goal for a us a sympathy penalty? Really got his career at derby kick started. 

On 30/11/2017 at 20:06, Angry Ram said:

I can’t believe I just read that.. Football is dead then. If this is what the modern football fans feels is acceptable then it’s all over.

I'm with you Angry I really enjoyed going to Grimsby twice and seeing 11 changes I don't care what match its in I want to see a proper team that's what I pay for 

Archived