Rowett not in frame for Baggies

FindernRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Paul Clement???

Clement is an interesting one. After 18 games here Derby had 39 points, so 20% more than GR. He seemingly had an easier time than GR with squad he inherited (i.e when he came in he had yet to sign the dross that he did actually sign and had more £ to spend). Football was pretty dreadful as I recall. Failed to instill much in the way of 'mental steel' which GR seems to have done. Clement did well to save Swansea last season but they have regressed under his stewardship this year.

Not sure any p-league chairmen would look at Clement's transition from Derby to premier league and think that GR would be a worthy appointment on basis of what Clement has achieved.

Oh and Rowett's interviews are much better. I got utterly fed up of Clement's post match statement of 'we have got to find a way of playing through packed defences at home'.

55 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Clement is an interesting one. After 18 games here Derby had 39 points, so 20% more than GR. He seemingly had an easier time than GR with squad he inherited (i.e when he came in he had yet to sign the dross that he did actually sign and had more £ to spend). Football was pretty dreadful as I recall. Failed to instill much in the way of 'mental steel' which GR seems to have done. Clement did well to save Swansea last season but they have regressed under his stewardship this year.

Not sure any p-league chairmen would look at Clement's transition from Derby to premier league and think that GR would be a worthy appointment on basis of what Clement has achieved.

Oh and Rowett's interviews are much better. I got utterly fed up of Clement's post match statement of 'we have got to find a way of playing through packed defences at home'.

39 points over the same 18 game period? Wow, I’d kinda forgot how good of a start we had under PC. Completely agree though, th football was dire even though we dominated most games and played god knows how many passes, I remember being utterly bored, Rowett-ball is far more enjoyable to watch IMO.

That last line has basically been the tag line of most Derby managers in the last 4/5 years, I guess it’s a testimont in a way that teams feel they have to do that at PP, there was a time where teams would stroll up, play football and take all the points.

11 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

39 points over the same 18 game period? Wow, I’d kinda forgot how good of a start we had under PC. Completely agree though, th football was dire even though we dominated most games and played god knows how many passes, I remember being utterly bored, Rowett-ball is far more enjoyable to watch IMO.

That last line has basically been the tag line of most Derby managers in the last 4/5 years, I guess it’s a testimont in a way that teams feel they have to do that at PP, there was a time where teams would stroll up, play football and take all the points.

I am certain I am right with the 39 points. It was followed up with 39 in the other 28 games. As a point of comparison it was 35 points in the first full season on Mac 1. Like you I was utterly bored at most games under Clement as he appeared to take the possession based build from the back ethos to its finite conclusion whereby the ball was just endlessly played around the back four and the holding mf.

Not been a massive fan of the football under Rowett but he does seem to have found a way round a visiting packed defence at home.

18 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I don't enjoy watching our football tbh and against qpr last Tuesday was the most boring first half I've seen in a while. Saying that, I don't care as long as we win. As long as we get results i'll take it.

8 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I don't enjoy watching our football tbh and against qpr last Tuesday was the most boring first half I've seen in a while. Saying that, I don't care as long as we win. As long as we get results i'll take it.

I prefer to watch Mac1 football rather than Rowett-ball but the point I was making is that I find it more enjoyable than clement-ball.

Under clement we would hardly ever take a risk when in possession, it was the safe option every time. A high percentage of our goals were scored by an individual at piece of brilliance, score a couple goals then pass it round the defence for the rest of the game. I don’t have the stats, but I’d like to see how many clear cut chances per game at the minute, we seem to create 4/5 golden opportunities, not just half chances but clear goal scoring opportunities. It’s got to be a high percentage in comparison to the amount of possession we have?

'we have got to find a way of playing through packed defences at home'.

This is the tag line for Tuesday and Saturday , two boggy sides , if we get 6 points out of them it will be on the same level of achievement as Saturdays performance at Boro

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

'we have got to find a way of playing through packed defences at home'.

This is the tag line for Tuesday and Saturday , two boggy sides , if we get 6 points out of them it will be on the same level of achievement as Saturdays performance at Boro

It's never good to get bogged down by the opposition! Bogey teams are a pain in the ass too!

12 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Rowett's not achieved anything yet that would remotely interest a Premier League team.

swansea were interested in him when they took clement.

Thats partly why Mel made his move, that and the fact Norwich were also on the prowl for him at around the time we dismissed McClaren.

Archived