We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

In respect of Wolves, You cant catch a team who doesnt loose games, no matter how well your own team is doing.

Wolves could go the rest of the season without another league defeat. They could draw 11 and win 8 giving them 97 points at the end of the season. Meanwhile the Rams lose 2, draw 3 and win14 and finish the season on 97 points. Could go down to goal difference.

Wolves have only lost 3 in 27, cannot see them losing 4 in 19. 

But you never know?

We shouldnt be concerned with Wolves, we are sitting 2nd and if we dont go up its only our fault and know one else's.

As they say it ours to lose. Hoping bringing in CJ can get us over the line. 

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Wolves have only lost 3 in 27, cannot see them losing 4 in 19. 

But you never know?

We shouldnt be concerned with Wolves, we are sitting 2nd and if we dont go up its only our fault and know one else's.

As they say it ours to lose. Hoping bringing in CJ can get us over the line. 

Who are you and what have you done with Toddy?

If Gary's told the squad to chase down Wolves, I see that as a sign of great attitude.

Striving to achieve the near impossible is a better attitude to adopt than holding what we have.

We may fall short either way, but falling short of 1st may still see us promoted automatically, whereas falling short of holding on to 2nd could see us miss out on promotion all together.

If we aim for top and fall short we will be second, if we aim for second and fall short we are in the play off lottery. Psychologically it's better for our promotion chances to be looking up the table and striving to catch Wolves than looking behind us worrying who's catching us up. We might as well think positively unprovable as it may seem.

26 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If Gary's told the squad to chase down Wolves, I see that as a sign of great attitude.

Striving to achieve the near impossible is a better attitude to adopt than holding what we have.

We may fall short either way, but falling short of 1st may still see us promoted automatically, whereas falling short of holding on to 2nd could see us miss out on promotion all together.

Spot on @reveldevil :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Surely GR will have expected us to go win every game we play regardless, as apposed to saying go chase Wolves?

24 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

If we aim for top and fall short we will be second, if we aim for second and fall short we are in the play off lottery. Psychologically it's better for our promotion chances to be looking up the table and striving to catch Wolves than looking behind us worrying who's catching us up. We might as well think positively unprovable as it may seem.

This 

I know it's boring but I doubt he's even remotely factoring Wolves, Cardiff or any of them into the thinking.

This week will be all about Bristol City on Friday.

Then on Saturday morning, he'll start thinking about the next one....eventually the games run out and you see where you finish.

12 minutes ago, needles said:

I know it's boring but I doubt he's even remotely factoring Wolves, Cardiff or any of them into the thinking.

This week will be all about Bristol City on Friday.

Then on Saturday morning, he'll start thinking about the next one....eventually the games run out and you see where you finish.

Incisive point Needles. 

23 hours ago, Kernow said:

On a more serious note, the difference between us and the other teams above us at that same point was...

Bristol City -2 points

Villa -3 points

Sheffield United -5 points

Cardiff -5 points

As it stands we now find ourselves...

Bristol City +5 points (swing of 7 in our favour)

Villa +5 points (swing of 7 in our favour)

Sheffield United +9 points (swing of 14 points in our favour)

Cardiff +2 points (swing of 7 in our favour)

In summary, we've done pretty well.

Basically, we have MOMENTUM at this time.

Ideally we beat Bristol City, Cardiff City and Aston Villa and match their other results - home free.

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If I was gary I be telling lads lets make a challege for title now lads.

He has said that he is looking up the table not down it. 

The only time that we should be concerned about our rivals' results is when we are playing them.

Disruption is the worst thing that could happen at Derby, but it is very unlikely to happen. Players who are not getting games are keeping quiet at Derby. No scandals, no dodgy interviews as yet. If you are not playing, do not complain, you get paid a lot more than nearly all the supporters. There are too many strong characters in the dressing room who really want promotion to start moaning in front of them.

Archived