Do I dare to dream

B4ev6is

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We are now 7 games unbeaten 4 wins back to back 12 points. I know I say this a lot but this title winning forum yes I know there is a long way to go. But if were around top 4 around christmas were nicely placed to do this but at the moment I am enjoying beating leeds at there place. But also being in the top 6. True test is now staying there teams will be gunning for us. 

As long as we keep playing like this we have nrothing to fear from this league. But must keep this up and not let up.

Here we go.. :mellow:

Long way to go yet but may as well enjoy it whole things are going well! Tough tests still to come to see how consistent we are, we’ve fallen apart after runs like this before so I’m sure Gary will be focused on making sure that doesn’t happen again. All to play for and some interesting months ahead to be sure!

DREAM IT BABY IT'S HAPPENING!

The Rams are a Premier league club in waiting - passionate owner passionate fans and now a passionate manager with passionate players!

Start planning your away day drinking in the public houses of the Manchester & Merseyside areas because the Rams are going up!

COYR!!!

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We are now 7 games unbeaten 4 wins back to back 12 points. I know I say this a lot but this title winning forum yes I know there is a long way to go. But if were around top 4 around christmas were nicely placed to do this but at the moment I am enjoying beating leeds at there place. But also being in the top 6. True test is now staying there teams will be gunning for us. 

As long as we keep playing like this we have nrothing to fear from this league. But must keep this up and not let up.

Absolutely.  We will have reeled in Cardiff by Xmas and be breathing down Wolverhampton Wanderers neck soon after.  

Doesn't matter if you play so called attractive football,or so called ugly football (or variations in between),it has to be underpinned by a consistently strong work ethic to get out of this division.A couple of weeks ago I wrote a hard hitting post that I haven't had to repeat.When this current patch of application looks to have become an established habit,then I'll dare to dream.

Anyway,a big thanks to the lads for making my village life bliss,at least for a few months.Funnily enough,I've not yet managed to locate a Leeds fan,and believe me there are plenty of them around,for some reason.

9 hours ago, europia said:

Absolutely.  We will have reeled in Cardiff by Xmas and be breathing down Wolverhampton Wanderers neck soon after.  

After Christmas will be very interesting as it's almost tradition that we blow up in Jan /Feb. 

Seems to be a mixture of running out of fitness,  picking up injuries and losing form but if Gary gets us playing strong in that period then I think he might just crack it.

We are certainly winning our games, after not playing particularly well, so it should follow

that we can only improve as we play more matches. Hopefully GR can stop any complacency

when we play Reading at the weekend, as that seems to be our downfall, the easy ones! :huh:

17 hours ago, HantsRam said:

We've had a few nervy moments so although recent results have far exceeded expectations I'm not getting carried away just yet.

Performances still have plenty of room for improvement - as Gary himself states. We have played a couple of teams at the "right time" (eg Norwich after a strenuous week and Leeds who have lost form).

Our early season performances against "in-form" sides such as Brizzle were poor - I realise we are a different proposition now, but the closest our new look team has come to playing an in-form team was Cardiff and we are not yet good enough to be dominant in such games.

we might also yet get some bad luck with injuries, penalty decisions against and so on........

As you say - the test starts now. I am hopeful but not unduly optimistic as I still think we are on an 18 month 3 transfer window timeline for GR to get the team to where he wants.

I thought we had all our seasons bad luck against Sheffield United?

Wasn’t bad luck v Sheffield United, nor were we second best all game. Individual mistakes cost us silly goals, goals which cost us the game.

Lucky is getting game changing decisions by a ref, with super slow replays with Sky cameras would show to be incorrect.

Other than that there’s no real “luck” in games, mistakes are mistakes.

Indulge the dream.

Just remember its still dreams at this point.

If we finish somewhere mid table but have a clear direction of solid hard working and clinically finishing Rowettball then i think we'll feel confident about the future.

I think the alarming thing with the McClaren blow ups and the clement one was more they we switched from irresistible to indefensible so quickly. If a rowett team loses form but is still hard to beat and everyone who beats us knows they've had to battle for it I think the poor runs will pass a bit less dramatically.

Archived