Do I dare to dream

B4ev6is

21 hours ago, 86 points said:

You can dream B4. It's what being a proper supporter is all about, in my book at least. Got to enjoy the good spells as and when they come along otherwise what's the point? 

The point is if we're winning games, getting promoted and all having a fun time, how can we moan, whinge and criticise? And where's the fun in that?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2017 at 14:02, YouRams said:

Already booked my hotel for Wembley :ph34r:

I'm more hopeful this season than I have been for a while, we have players that can fill in if we get injuries we're not solely relying on one or two players as we have in the past. Gary seems to have sorted the soft underbelly of the team and we look a solid team to beat.

I for one like the direct style, I got bored of the sideways passing leading to nowhere. You find a way to win and get out of this league however you can, Burnley weren't a "pretty" team the season they went up now look at them, sitting in 7th in the Prem a few seasons in.

A day out at Wembley.... that my friend is a very bold statement, winning the league and then a day out in the FA Cup Final... ???

What a season that would be. ???

Think you have a better chance of play-off success with Rowett than your previous managers - Clough, McLaren (x2), Clement, Pearson etc.

Probably helps that Hughes is no longer there to be indulged.

Reminds me of when Burnley had Glen Little.

16 hours ago, HantsRam said:

After Christmas will be very interesting as it's almost tradition that we blow up in Jan /Feb. 

Seems to be a mixture of running out of fitness,  picking up injuries and losing form but if Gary gets us playing strong in that period then I think he might just crack it.

Yes, no doubt GR was aware of the well documented DCFC post xmas meltdown. I think that's where he sees his signings making a difference. In particular Curtis Davis & Joe Ledley are not the players I would associate with throwing in the towel. Winnall and Wisdom can also be strong and determined. For that reason, although we are bound to have a few hiccups along the way, I just can't see this team nose diving. 

Complete myth we are terrible in January, bar 15/16 we have actually had ok to very good January's.

16/17 W3 D1 L2 including Leicester and WBA

15/16 W1 D1 L4 including Man U, champions Burnley and runners up Borro

14/15 W5 D0 L1

13/14 W2 D1 L3 including Chelsea and champions Leicester and 5th placed Wigan.

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Complete myth we are terrible in January, bar 15/16 we have actually had ok to very good January's.

16/17 W3 D1 L2 including Leicester and WBA

15/16 W1 D1 L4 including Man U, champions Burnley and runners up Borro

14/15 W5 D0 L1

13/15 W2 D1 L3 including Chelsea and champions Leicester and 5th placed Wigan.

Can you do the same for Feb? Most of the problems seem to start when we start to play around team selection when the FA Cup kicks in proper. Momentum lost as the meddlers have their day.

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Can you do the same for Feb?

16/17 W0 D3* L4 including champions Newcastle, Villa *Leicester reply drew at 90

15/16 W2 D2 L2

14/15 W3 D2 L3 including Bournemouth 

13/14 W3 D1 L0

Again mixed bag and bar last season no terrible return.

17 hours ago, Grantona said:

Think you have a better chance of play-off success with Rowett than your previous managers - Clough, McLaren (x2), Clement, Pearson etc.

Probably helps that Hughes is no longer there to be indulged.

Reminds me of when Burnley had Glen Little.

Yeah

it was all hughes fault - indulging himself by back healing the goal in the semi v brighton etc

bloody tosser.

Just now, FindernRam said:

rynny is wrong. Dropping any points at that stage of the season is terrible if you want promotion and apart from one year in Jan/Feb we won less than half our games! Hope the same is not true this year (AGAIN).

How is dropping points in January/February any worse than dropping points in September or March or any other month? Are the points worth more in Jan/Feb?

Our best year for Jan/Feb was 14/15, top of the table at the end of Feb, remind where we finished again?

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

How is dropping points in January/February any worse than dropping points in September or March or any other month? Are the points worth more in Jan/Feb?

Our best year for Jan/Feb was 14/15, top of the table at the end of Feb, remind where we finished again?

Maybe there are more six-pointers in Jan/Feb?...  :unsure:

New year is when teams build momentum for the final charge over the line. Fluff it then and morale drops and the run in is severely hampered because you have so little time left. 

Obviously dropping any points is bad but early doors you have time to sort out problems.

In the Championship all teams have good and bad runs and points on the board all count but, if auto promotion is out you want to go into the playoffs on the back of a good run not a dismal scramble over the line. That seems to be the Derby way of late

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

New year is when teams build momentum for the final charge over the line. Fluff it then and morale drops and the run in is severely hampered because you have so little time left. 

Obviously dropping any points is bad but early doors you have time to sort out problems.

In the Championship all teams have good and bad runs and points on the board all count but, if auto promotion is out you want to go into the playoffs on the back of a good run not a dismal scramble over the line. That seems to be the Derby way of late

We'll be naming a road 'The Derby Way' soon.

Archived