GR good manager or lucky manager

Rab a dab doo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Being lucky is a good talent to have.

I think he's a good manager who has good luck or a happy knack or whatever you want to call it.

If he was lucky but no good hed not have got as far as he has.

He ain't that lucky he's lost a play off semi and a final.

Not sure what had happened that would make him a lucky manager?

We've had a few penalties this season but I think that's because we look to get in behind teams more I guess.

Surely a good manager is someone who gets his players working hard for him and doing what they are instructed to do. Then it all becomes about whether the instructions that the manager is giving are the correct ones.

In that respect, I think he is taking forward steps.

You don't become a good or lucky manager over such a short period of time. 

This isn't aimed specifically at the OP but just a general thing I've noticed that fits into this topic.

It seems every time we win, we are "lucky". It's lucky every time Carson makes a save, or if they miss the target, or if they give away a penalty or if they have more possession.

Yet it's never lucky when we miss chances or the keeper makes a good save. That's always ignored. Wouldn't it be nice to just appreciate our hard-work which has resulted in a good run of form with some very impressive results, instead of trying to suggest another artificial reason is behind our current short-term success?

We'll know how good Gary is this time next season after two more transfer windows and hopefully with the squad he wants.

This is his first job with big expectations imo, Burton is a fairytale and Brum, with all due respect, don't have the infrastrucure in place like we do.

The most pleasing thing about this little run is how easy we see games out when winning. No more panicking or giving away soft, late goals. I would say that is definitely down to the managers ability to "game manage" and not luck.

GR's stats as manager 

Played--------------Won-------------Drawn-------------Lost

266                      116                 69                      81

A relatively inexperienced manager doesn't get those stats by being lucky.  FFS!!!

Archived