Next two away games

B4ev6is

I think it's a fair question about whether Rowett will change the team for these two away fixtures.

I feel we are a little less resilient when Vydra and Nugent play up front away from home but Rowett usually rewards a win with an unchanged team so who knows? 

I don't think he will mess with the back seven though, @B4ev6is so I think only the front four places to be tweaked if at all. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These two games are a big test for this team. It’s all very well winning at home, we’ve had a decent home record for a while now.

But only one win and 6 points from 6 away games isn’t good enough and we need to win at least one of the next two to show what’s possible. Personally I don’t think we will but I hope I’m proved wrong!

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it's a fair question about whether Rowett will change the team for these two away fixtures.

I feel we are a little less resilient when Vydra and Nugent play up front away from home but Rowett usually rewards a win with an unchanged team so who knows? 

I don't think he will mess with the back seven though, @B4ev6is so I think only the front four places to be tweaked if at all. 

Well last game at cardiff we played 451

So why try more attacking game.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys on paper these two games look differcult some derby fans will think we have no chance of getting nrothing. But I for one think we can but I do think we need to be braver. I would love confort back to 443 or 352. We have vryda in good goal scoring form now. I would love to vryda david nurgent and chris martin all playing upfront togather. I would have vryda or martin sitting behind front two.

I think against norwhich city we should go with 352 we could need extra man combat big tall players but they have a lot of speed. But this way we can have thorn with quick attacking brain and his quick feet.

We can have thorn linking up attacking play midfield to out strikers. But then we can have russle lawarnce attacking down the sides. 

Having vryda and nurgent togather up front or chris martin with nurgent.

Against Norwich I think we should go out an win COYR ??

I would take 2pts now and move on to Reading, easily pleased maybe but on the road to two Jekyll and Hyde sides that have ripped us to shreads recently are games we should treat with caution.

All 3 of us are under different management now admittedly, but as this season is showing both are more than capable of looking both the worst and best sides in the league, navigating both without taking damage will be a difficult task.

Keep that unbeaten run rolling, confidence building then get back to Pride Park and winning ways.

Performances will have a big say in how these two matches go - if we lose both but only narrowly after being competitive then its not so bad.

One good win and one piss poor defeat is probably what we'll get and we'll still be scratching our heads.

I think we'll see Vydra sacrificed for Bradley fighting Vehicle to "solidify" the midfield. Like semi-set concrete the three of Johnson, hudds and Ledley.

On 10/22/2017 at 21:13, B4ev6is said:

Well guys on paper these two games look differcult some derby fans will think we have no chance of getting nrothing. But I for one think we can but I do think we need to be braver. I would love confort back to 443 or 352. We have vryda in good goal scoring form now. I would love to vryda david nurgent and chris martin all playing upfront togather. I would have vryda or martin sitting behind front two.I th

But if Rowett played all three it would mean sacrificing a mid-fielder which I don't think he will do, especially away from home. Keep it tight and settle for a 1-0 or 2-1 win:-))

3 minutes ago, DEL said:

One game at a time guys. 

The subject heading is next two away games. I would be happy with two 0-0 draws, that would stretch us to over 450 minutes without conceding a goal. Then go out in the next home game and win 3-0 oops!! blog is about 2 away games, sorry.:whistle:

Archived