Next two away games

B4ev6is

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

1 win and 1 defeat I'm hedging on. Don't know which way round. 

The tonking at Norwich away last year was my 4 yr olds first ever game. 

Derby lost a potential fan that day.

"I didn't like it Mummy" :(

Take heart Iron Ram. He will not remember it. Take him when hes about 9 or 10 years old. He will take it in a lot more.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Take heart Iron Ram. He will not remember it. Take him when hes about 9 or 10 years old. He will take it in a lot more.

My first game was derby 1 Liverpool 7 when I was 8. Took a lot in that day. Still a season ticket holder even after that.

Anyone is there for the taking in this league. That said we won't win every game. So as long as we're approaching games willing to fight and take it to the opposition that will put us in good stead. I'd like us to stay unbeaten so anything from 2 to 6 points would be fantastic. I won't lose faith if we lose them both though, we're still evolving!

It depends on whether we can take the chances that we create. And we dont give either Norwich or Leeds the chances that Wendies were given, we might not be so lucky against these two sides. My concern is the performances this season have not been great, yes we have got some results, but i have to admit we were lucky against the idiots the other week too. We really need to start putting in performances that merits the results, otherwise we will fade away once the luck goes.

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We're a pessimistic lot aren't we?

I'm glad we're not in the dressing room to give the team talk!

If we defend well and take our chances there's no reason we couldn't win both. These are not world beaters.

Not all pessimistic, just realistic. Also, if any of us were doing the team talk of course we wouldn't be predicting , defeat etc. 

9 hours ago, KBB said:

My first game was derby 1 Liverpool 7 when I was 8. Took a lot in that day. Still a season ticket holder even after that.

I remember that, sure it was 1-1 at half time. Never seen fans laughing and joking as much as that game when getting thrashed. Great chants on the pop side 'let's pretend we've scored a goal' then jumping about and cheering, someone shouted out 'bloody hell its 7-7' after we had done it for the 6th time.

7 hours ago, toddy said:

It depends on whether we can take the chances that we create. And we dont give either Norwich or Leeds the chances that Wendies were given, we might not be so lucky against these two sides. My concern is the performances this season have not been great, yes we have got some results, but i have to admit we were lucky against the idiots the other week too. We really need to start putting in performances that merits the results, otherwise we will fade away once the luck goes.

Really? You mean to say we won't win unless we get the round thingy into that netted frame without touching it with our hands? :mellow:

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Really? You mean to say we won't win unless we get the round thingy into that netted frame without touching it with our hands? :mellow:

No i mean we do create alot of chances to score in games but fail to convert them to goals. 

12 hours ago, KBB said:

Remember this pretty well, I was a bit older than 8, but probably no older than 13. Barnes ran us ragged, fresh from starring for England in World Cup Qualifiers the midweek before. I clearly remember the following rather un-PC heckle "Break his black legs" was the cry.... you dont hear them like that anymore do you?

I also remember every time Shilton got it, he did what he always did, and that was punt it up to the half way line, after Hanson won the header for about the 30th time over a much shorter Dean Saunders, I remember thinking, can we not vary it just a little bit, perhaps a clearence to the wings, or throw it out to one of the defenders. Apparently No!

52 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Harsh that. Mine was a pulsating Derby 4 v Chelsea 6. 

Hook line and sinker. How could you not like football after that one.

Think this was the same season. I seem to remember us being 4-1 down, (might have been 3-1 down) and when we got it back to 4-4, some guys from the C Stand Paddock ran on the pitch to celebrate with Micklewhite who i think scored the equaliser.

Archived