Chinese business delegates

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel Morris isn't as rich as we think he is, with a value of only £500 million. The wealth of all the owners in the championship was posted the other day. It does make sense that we are looking at future investors. Perhaps a joint ownership situation maybe best to prevent us getting into a situation where the Chinese owners screw us over(like they have with clubs like Ac Milan and Valencia in the past). 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mel Morris isn't as rich as we think he is, with a value of only £500 million. The wealth of all the owners in the championship was posted the other day. It does make sense that we are looking at future investors. Perhaps a joint ownership situation maybe best to prevent us getting into a situation where the Chinese owners screw us over(like they have with clubs like Ac Milan and Valencia in the past). 

If i was Mel I would get out as soon as I could. whatever he does he gets criticised. Can't do right for doing wrong. 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If i was Mel I would get out as soon as I could. whatever he does he gets criticised. Can't do right for doing wrong. 

I was surprised at his wealth so credit to him for spending that much money on us for how little(in comparison to other owners) he actually has. If I was him I'd probably spend my money on something else but from our point of view, Mel simply can't carry on spending the rate he has so if we want to compete, we may need someone else in. However, I'd still keep Mel around, maybe having a 30-40% ownership to stop the club from going to other way?

5 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Good to see they have their scraves and ballions there are about 12 of them

F521EB91-A49F-4500-9AB7-F1C588EF6F37.jpeg

I noticed later Banwait was with them, they are here as guests of the city council to strengthen business ties and tourism, Banwait went there last year to do the same, prob no intention of investing in Derby County.

https://news.derby.gov.uk/midlands-engine-delegation-visit-china/

Forget it, don't want anyone else so long as Mel wants to stay I'm happy. Once you get promoted, it's all paid for by Rupert Murdoch anyway.

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Only 500 mil ?? how does he sleep at night? 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The trouble with Chinese investment is that a couple of hours later,  you feel like you could have the same all over again :lol:

Damn you! I was checking that this hadn’t been done already I was about to pounce and it was the very last post!

bravo

Archived