Chinese business delegates

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, McLovin said:

aI was surprised at his wealth so credit to him for spending that much money on us for how little(in comparison to other owners) he actually has. If I was him I'd probably spend my money on something else but from our point of view, Mel simply can't carry on spending the rate he has so if we want to compete, we may need someone else in. However, I'd still keep Mel around, maybe having a 30-40% ownership to stop the club from going to other way?

I don't think Mel would want any of us to feel sorry for him as he obviously has fabulous wealth. If he chose to he could still put say another £300m into DCFC and still have all the luxury cars, houses, boats etc. he wanted around the world. The dilemma for Mel is (He said this somewhere but I can't find it at the moment) that he wants to do more for the local community with charitable giving. He obviously already does a huge amount but he finds it hard to justify pouring millions into DCFC when the same money could go to more useful, deserving & more appreciative things. He has to convince himself he is not being too selfish!

Nice man Mel. Some fans don't deserve him!

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think Mel would want any of us to feel sorry for him as he obviously has fabulous wealth. If he chose to he could still put say another £300m into DCFC and still have all the luxury cars, houses, boats etc. he wanted around the world. The dilemma for Mel is (He said this somewhere but I can't find it at the moment) that he wants to do more for the local community with charitable giving. He obviously already does a huge amount but he finds it hard to justify pouring millions into DCFC when the same money could go to more useful, deserving & more appreciative things. He has to convince himself he is not being too selfish!

Nice man Mel. Some fans don't deserve him!

He knows what he's doing. Even without Premier League football he is looking to boost our revenue substantially. Creating a product for Championship fans overseas whilst simultaneously boosting the bids Sky and BT make for domestic rights. There is great untapped wealth in this league. Forget RamsTv as a standalone, the potential is there for every club in the championship to have it's own dedicated station, part of a wider streaming network so that local connection remains. Where fans pay for a season pass to view every championship game, not just their own clubs thereby boosting the total number of subscribers. At just £110 per head and just a few million subscribers, the revenue would dwarf that in which the clubs currently receive. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

He knows what he's doing. Even without Premier League football he is looking to boost our revenue substantially. Creating a product for Championship fans overseas whilst simultaneously boosting the bids Sky and BT make for domestic rights. There is great untapped wealth in this league. Forget RamsTv as a standalone, the potential is there for every club in the championship to have it's own dedicated station, part of a wider streaming network so that local connection remains. Where fans pay for a season pass to view every championship game, not just their own clubs thereby boosting the total number of subscribers. At just £110 per head and just a few million subscribers, the revenue would dwarf that in which the clubs currently receive. 

Correct. Mel worked that out long ago and has had the chutzpah and vision to do it. 

Archived