Memorabilia

scarboroughwa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If that's for me, I entered a DCFC (appallingly run) competition to share an account of a Derby Forest game over the years. I am a writer and penned a good story, but the club didn't make it easy (meaning hardly anyone can have entered) and then they posted it on the weirdest webite that meant you couldn't even link to the story, so no one read it. But it's great to have the boots. I felt sorry for Bryson for giving up such a wonderful thing, when the competition was (to borrow a phrase from another thread) a damp squib. But magical for me!

I read it.

if its the story about being stuck in Iceland?

(not the shop)

I had an autographed football from the arthur cox era.

the team got relegated so i gave it to a charity shop!

i also had the full set of home programmes, bound, for the .1971-72 season - gave that to alan hinton.

Kevin hector home debut programme - signed by the king.

a clock presented by the club to her indoors dad, who played for derby in the 50s.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, RamNut said:

I read it.

if its the story about being stuck in Iceland?

(not the shop)

Can you imagine. That's the sort of story you would see in the DET.

I've got a very worn early 1970's shirt with number 2 on the back signed by Ron Webster, my favourite player and boyhood hero at that time. I think the shirt is one of the clubs originals and may well have been worn by Ron in the 1971/72 season but can't prove that. However, the saying that you shouldn't meet your hero's rang true for me.

I took the shirt to a book signing at Waterstones in Derby in 2005 where Ron, Colin Boulton and the author were signing books. After buying the book and getting it signed I explained to Ron how he was my favourite player at the time, how I got the shirt (a long story) and asked him to sign it. I was not exactly buzzing with excitement, being 47 at the time but I was quite excited.  Ron however, although always an unassuming character, just couldn't believe what I was asking him to do and actually took some persuasion to sign. I can't put into words how low key his response was but I left feeling totally deflated. My plans to have the shirt mounted in a frame have never come to fruition due to Ron's attitude that day and it languishes in a drawer.

He's still the best uncapped England right back ever though.

53 minutes ago, Richard Dastard Lee said:

I've got a very worn early 1970's shirt with number 2 on the back signed by Ron Webster, my favourite player and boyhood hero at that time. I think the shirt is one of the clubs originals and may well have been worn by Ron in the 1971/72 season but can't prove that. However, the saying that you shouldn't meet your hero's rang true for me.

I took the shirt to a book signing at Waterstones in Derby in 2005 where Ron, Colin Boulton and the author were signing books. After buying the book and getting it signed I explained to Ron how he was my favourite player at the time, how I got the shirt (a long story) and asked him to sign it. I was not exactly buzzing with excitement, being 47 at the time but I was quite excited.  Ron however, although always an unassuming character, just couldn't believe what I was asking him to do and actually took some persuasion to sign. I can't put into words how low key his response was but I left feeling totally deflated. My plans to have the shirt mounted in a frame have never come to fruition due to Ron's attitude that day and it languishes in a drawer.

He's still the best uncapped England right back ever though.

I know his son very well and to say he is the exact opposite to that would be an understatement....

Got an engraved tray that the club presented to the match sponsor on the pitch before kick-off somewhere in the attic. Not looked at it for years can't remember who the opposition were for the game or when it was played. May have been some time in the late eighties or early nineties.

I,ve got a Dean Sturridge player of the year ram he got given at an end of season award ceremony he left behind at a function room in town.  pretty much all the signatures from the 1992 team and a couple of weird ones - my granddad and uncle took out the turnstiles at the ossie end when the ground went all seater and they dug up an old bucket from when the BBG was built . 

Also got Archie Gemmill to sign my original copy of the Trainspotting vinyl last year - if you were around in the Britpop era you will understand the significance of this one .Apparantly he's not a fan of the film but fair play he signed it.

I have some ticket stubs from away European games in the 70's. Got about 6 or 7, including Juventus. Also includes a small official travelling party programme/itinerary from away to Bratislava. No idea if they are worth much.

Brother has a programme from the 45 cup final, not in good nick though, back cover missing.

Sith Happens

Haven't got much. Got a program signed by Craig Burley when I was invited to a corporate event for some game and he was MOTM. Can't even remember who we played now its in the loft somewhere, I do recall thinking he was very short though.

14 minutes ago, Burton_Ram said:

I have some ticket stubs from away European games in the 70's. Got about 6 or 7, including Juventus. Also includes a small official travelling party programme/itinerary from away to Bratislava. No idea if they are worth much.

Brother has a programme from the 45 cup final, not in good nick though, back cover missing.

A 1945 FA Cup programme, if authentic, will be a real collectible.

p.s. I have still got a scar where l got beat up by a couple of Ram fans at Elm Park back in the mid 80's. I bet it was some Lad from Uttoxeter.

Archived