Come on Palace

scarboroughwa

1 hour ago, scarboroughwa said:

And take that 2007/08 f*** stick Davies embarrassment of a season away from our beloved Rams.

<11 points for the season

<1 win in 38 season games

>32 games without a win, please.

Oh, and relegation in February would be nice.

Considered starting this as a thread but as has been mentioned the moment we start taking an interest you can bet your bottom dollar they'll start picking up points.... Still, do take a peek when they play now. They've Chelsea next I think :drool:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LazloW said:

It is amazing to think that a team that has lost its first 7 games without scoring a goal still probably won't be as bad as we were in that season! 

Still, I'm not sure I want to let that honour go now.  A painful honour, but at least its sort of a claim to fame.

I've grown to like it.. Hardly the worst team in history though. It's like the Bury 6-0 in the FA Cup.. It's sorta part of us now.

Palace are too good anyway with that squad. 

40 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Wow what season that was remember taking 8,000 to Blackburn even though we had already been relegated 3months earlier Tom Glick  refusing to give any travel subsidies to supporters clubs The Mel haters on here need to give their heads a shake 

Re: the 8,000 at Blackburn... As a fan this wasn't the worst season - once we'd recalibrated our expectations the camaraderie was great. A mate of mine was a Man City fan when they were a normal club - when they were in the third division (after being a top league club) they lost home and away to Wycombe - he said that season was memorable as a fan with loads of gallows humour at games. Our last game - wasn't it a 3:0 home defeat to Reading? - I'm sure we cheered all their goals.

2 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

And take that 2007/08 f*** stick Davies embarrassment of a season away from our beloved Rams.

<11 points for the season

<1 win in 38 season games

>32 games without a win, please.

Oh, and relegation in February would be nice.

I think you will find it was Jewell and not King Billy that got that record for us....and it will never be beaten..

51 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Wow what season that was remember taking 8,000 to Blackburn even though we had already been relegated 3months earlier Tom Glick  refusing to give any travel subsidies to supporters clubs The Mel haters on here need to give their heads a shake 

Are you quoting the right person? 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

And we still beat Newcastle! As embarrassing as our record is, imagine how embarrassing it must be to hold the record of being the only team that the worst team in history were able to beat (and, in fact, take 4 if our 11 points from). 

Actually, were there any other teams we remained undefeated against that season? Anyone we drew with home and away? Or do Newcastle also have the ignominy of being the only team that couldn’t beat the worst team in history. 

Unbeaten by Newcastle and Fulham to their eternal discredit 

11 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

beat a league 1 forest in a pre season friendly too.

which i like to remind forest them of, when they tell us we are worst team in history.

Oh iv got the best comeback to any dirty red dog tht brings up the worst team in history arguement.

just ask them

"and what the f"£& were u doing that season?"

answer?

losing..... in an oh so spectacular fashion to our very own lee morris and his mighty yeovil teamates in the playoffs.... wait it gets better........ from being 2-0 up from the away leg

lmao

that shuts the imbreds right up everytime without fail trust me.

half of them had even bought their hotel tickets for wembley lmao ?

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh iv got the best comeback to any dirty red dog tht brings up the worst team in history arguement.

just ask them

"and what the f"£& were u doing that season?"

answer?

losing..... in an oh so spectacular fashion to our very own lee morris and his mighty yeovil teamates in the playoffs.... wait it gets better........ from being 2-0 up from the away leg

lmao

that shuts the imbreds right up everytime without fail trust me.

half of them had even bought their hotel tickets for wembley lmao ?

Unfortunately that was the season we went up, they actually went up the season we came down. We had to endure Tawatwell the following season.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Unfortunately that was the season we went up, they actually went up the season we came down. We had to endure Tawatwell the following season.

Still be definition worse as in a lower league.

If someone wins the skegness stock car championship does that make them more succesful than someone who comes 10th in formula one?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Still be definition worse as in a lower league.

If someone wins the skegness stock car championship does that make them more succesful than someone who comes 10th in formula one?

I agree, just making sure the facts are right. Whenever I get it I always point out that there was a whole division bewltween us and we beat them at the start of that the season. So shows how sit they were.

Archived