Come on Palace

scarboroughwa

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Didn't Clod leave us and go to non league? We were in the premier with non league quality defenders. That record will never be beaten, even with points deductions 

Clod was a strange one. Absolute beast when Preston beat us in the play offs, decent for Sheff United, came to us and looked like he had never played before.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

He actually went to Palace, they had him on loan then we released him and they signed him again on a free. He then went to Crawley in league 2, after joined Rotherham in still in league 2 and help them to promotion then played 19 games for them in league 1 and again helped them to promotion :o

He must have had one hell of a CB partner at Rotherham. If he made Clod look good i assume he went on to play for Madrid.

PistoldPete2
On 3 October 2017 at 02:53, CumbrianRam said:

Fulham, somehow didn't win at Craven Cottage and 2-2 draw at home to confirm relegation.

I thought we battered fulham at craven cottage. palace have made a far worse start than we have... Difference is we sacked the manager and brought Paul jewell in who made things even worse, whereas hodgson is bound to improve palace tho maybe not enough to keep them up. 

On 02/10/2017 at 14:32, scarboroughwa said:

And take that 2007/08 f*** stick Davies embarrassment of a season away from our beloved Rams.

<11 points for the season

<1 win in 38 season games

>32 games without a win, please.

Oh, and relegation in February would be nice.

They will beat our record for sure. Imo they'll score a goal against Newcastle after Chelsea game.

11 minutes ago, DEL said:

They will beat our record for sure. Imo they'll score a goal against Newcastle after Chelsea game.

Bit that’s not improving on our record. Even we managed to score against Newcastle. If they can’t score against Newcastle, there’s no hope for them. 

I still think that season has one golden memory .. Steve Howard scored our only away goal, his first and only PL goal ( I think ? ) and he did it at Old Trafford. Good on you mate 

By all accounts Steve was/is a thoroughly decent guy who has been through the football mill with all its triumphs and disasters. He deserved that one to put in his memory box. It is certainly in mine 

25 minutes ago, jono said:

I still think that season has one golden memory .. Steve Howard scored our only away goal, his first and only PL goal ( I think ? ) and he did it at Old Trafford. Good on you mate 

By all accounts Steve was/is a thoroughly decent guy who has been through the football mill with all its triumphs and disasters. He deserved that one to put in his memory box. It is certainly in mine 

It was our first away goal not the only one, I don't think there was a great deal more that followed though.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

There was one at Newcastle :thumbsup:

And one at Fulham I think. 

There were two at Newcastle. And one at Chelsea.... Although we let in six. We went from bad to worse at the end of the season tho, most teams get a dead cat bounce but we didn't even get that. 

50 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

There were two at Newcastle. And one at Chelsea.... Although we let in six. We went from bad to worse at the end of the season tho, most teams get a dead cat bounce but we didn't even get that. 

We played well at West Ham, certainly 2nd half we were the better team, had the better chances and more possession, Savage missed a sitter and Mears missed a 1-on-1 which would have seen ua take the lead, only for them to score late on after Todd made a mistake.

Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, rynny said:

We played well at West Ham, certainly 2nd half we were the better team, had the better chances and more possession, Savage missed a sitter and Mears missed a 1-on-1 which would have seen ua take the lead, only for them to score late on after Todd made a mistake.

Seem to recall us doing ok away at Man City in the second? game i think it was, pearson had a 1-on-1 which he should have scored from to put us ahead.

Then it went all down hill.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I still think most of us thought we could at least get something out of the last game against reading, also relegated with us and they tonked us 4-0 i think. There was supposed to be a lap of appreciation at the end, not sure if it happened as left the stadium to a chorus of 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Seem to recall us doing ok away at Man City in the second? game i think it was, pearson had a 1-on-1 which he should have scored from to put us ahead.

Correct.

After the first 2 games I still thought we would finish midtable ?

41 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We were holding our own, but they had a "wonderkid" at the time who ultimately scored the winner, Michael Johnson. 

To put it politely his career went down the s*****r, you should see him now . . .

Johnson-Weight.png

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

We were holding our own, but they had a "wonderkid" at the time who ultimately scored the winner, Michael Johnson. 

To put it politely his career went down the s*****r, you should see him now . . .

Johnson-Weight.png

Would still be our fastest midfielder if we signed him now.

Archived