Come on Palace

scarboroughwa

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

And take that 2007/08 f*** stick Davies embarrassment of a season away from our beloved Rams.

<11 points for the season

<1 win in 38 season games

>32 games without a win, please.

Doesnt worry me, everytime it looks liek a team might break it its talked about, better to just let it go.

They will beat it anyway.

Despite the awful start they're still considerably better than we ever were. They'll easily win 4 games this season, too much quality. Even if Benteke was out for the season instead of 6 weeks, there's still quality across the team. Zaha, Cabaye, McArthur, Riedeweld, Sakho, Dann, even that one trick pony Townsend...you can't compare them to Clodd and co.

The record will never be broken, teams in the PL/higher Champ have simply got too wealthy and influential. They can cherry pick from the best European leagues now and scouting/player analysis has got so much more advanced that you'll never see a raft of duds like the signings of 07/08. 

It is amazing to think that a team that has lost its first 7 games without scoring a goal still probably won't be as bad as we were in that season! 

Still, I'm not sure I want to let that honour go now.  A painful honour, but at least its sort of a claim to fame.

The money in the prem now is unprecedented to what we has back then. Stick that together with the delayed start in the window and the poison dwarf in charge of affairs coupled with a string of dud signings only to then appoint one of the worse managers ever to come to Derby in Jewell. It was so bad it ruined his career along with so many others in that team.

The perfect storm was created one which will never be recreated i feel. Palace are certainly no good but they would have to be extremely bad to match what we did. We didnt just break the previous low points record me smashed it by 7 points.

Not a chance, we need a club to go into financial meltdown i think before we get that record off our back. Docked points, players going on strike and refusing to play...that sort of thing. Otherwise we are stuck with it, for a long long time. 

Not to worry, at least we've set the bar low for our next foray into the Premier League, whenever that is.

9 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

The money in the prem now is unprecedented to what we has back then. Stick that together with the delayed start in the window and the poison dwarf in charge of affairs coupled with a string of dud signings only to then appoint one of the worse managers ever to come to Derby in Jewell. It was so bad it ruined his career along with so many others in that team.

The perfect storm was created one which will never be recreated i feel. Palace are certainly no good but they would have to be extremely bad to match what we did. We didnt just break the previous low points record me smashed it by 7 points.

4 points. Sunderland finished on 15 in 05-06.

52 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

And take that 2007/08 f*** stick Davies embarrassment of a season away from our beloved Rams.

Oh, and relegation in February would be nice.

Is fiddle the word you're looking for?

22 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Not a chance, we need a club to go into financial meltdown i think before we get that record off our back. Docked points, players going on strike and refusing to play...that sort of thing. Otherwise we are stuck with it, for a long long time. 

Not to worry, at least we've set the bar low for our next foray into the Premier League, whenever that is.

Hull gave that a good go last season didn’t they. Still pulled it together to smash our tally. It really is quite a feat to go an entire season being that crap. 

Ctually, we went a season and ahalfbeing that crap. It’s a miracle we didn’t freefall. Didn’t we go more than an entire year without a win?!

56 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Oh, and relegation in February would be nice.

I've been quietly wishing the same thing but daren't speak it out loud.  I'm not as pessimistic as some posters - Palace's confidence must be shot already and no-one will want to join them in January.

Plus they're already worse than us in some respects - we got a point AND scored 2 goals in our first home game. I remember thinking at the time "I reckon we'll do alright this season".  Jeez what a foolish and naive optimist I was back then.

7 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

I've been quietly wishing the same thing but daren't speak it out loud.  I'm not as pessimistic as some posters - Palace's confidence must be shot already and no-one will want to join them in January.

Plus they're already worse than us in some respects - we got a point AND scored 2 goals in our first home game. I remember thinking at the time "I reckon we'll do alright this season".  Jeez what a foolish and naive optimist I was back then.

I was at that match and thought the same. I left for a year and a half travelling round the world the next weekend. It was probably for the best, most of that season pretty much passed me by. 

41 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Didn't Portsmouth get docked 10 points and still beat our record?

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Didn't Portsmouth get docked 10 points and still beat our record?

A perfect storm of off filed financial difficulties and mismanagement, transfer market ineptitude and on-pitch awfulness required to challenge our 11 points tally I feel.  We really were nearly impossibly bad that season.

1 minute ago, Highgate said:

A perfect storm of off filed financial difficulties and mismanagement, transfer market ineptitude and on-pitch awfulness required to challenge our 11 points tally I feel.  We really were nearly impossibly bad that season.

Despite what you say I firmly believe this season will be ok,...oh wait you were referring to that season:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Highgate said:

And we still beat Newcastle! As embarrassing as our record is, imagine how embarrassing it must be to hold the record of being the only team that the worst team in history were able to beat (and, in fact, take 4 if our 11 points from). 

Actually, were there any other teams we remained undefeated against that season? Anyone we drew with home and away? Or do Newcastle also have the ignominy of being the only team that couldn’t beat the worst team in history. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And we still beat Newcastle! As embarrassing as our record is, imagine how embarrassing it must be to hold the record of being the only team that the worst team in history were able to beat (and, in fact, take 4 if our 11 points from). 

Actually, were there any other teams we remained undefeated against that season? Anyone we drew with home and away? Or do Newcastle also have the ignominy of being the only team that couldn’t beat the worst team in history. 

We were unbeaten against Fulham I believe after 0-0 and 2-2 draws. We also put together an impressive 2 match unbeaten run at the end of January, with 1-1 draws against Man City and Birmingham, or so Wiki tells me.

Just now, Highgate said:

We were unbeaten against Fulham I believe after 0-0 and 2-2 draws. We also put together an impressive 2 match unbeaten run at the end of January, with 1-1 draws against Man City and Birmingham, or so Wiki tells me.

The false dawn. 

I seem to remember us being quite unlucky against Fulham. So it wasn’t all down to being totally crap. Just a little bit of luck might’ve earnt us an extra point or two.

46 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Is fiddle the word you're looking for?

Wow what season that was remember taking 8,000 to Blackburn even though we had already been relegated 3months earlier Tom Glick  refusing to give any travel subsidies to supporters clubs The Mel haters on here need to give their heads a shake 

Archived