Come on Palace

scarboroughwa

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes; I am pretty sure I've read other stuff by Miller that clearly had a vitriolic intent towards Derby County. It's not very subtle, has no wit or intellectual quality but just points with vehemence. We'll see if Miller is anywhere to be seen Monday morning or if he disappears back into the anodyne pages from whence he came. 

I've met Nick Miller - on a train heading back to Leeds after we beat Forest 1-0 in the game Shaun Barker broke his leg. Noticed he had a Forest top on & when we got chatting found out he worked for Football365

He's a pretty decent chap & I remember him being disgusted by the vitriolic atmosphere that evening - both the Derby songs about Doughty & their lot abusing Barker as he lay prone on the turf and wished the rivalry could be less hateful. He was pretty polite/complimentary/knowledgeable about us too - definitely didn't come across as an anti-Derby type.

I've also read some decent articles he's written about Derby in the Grauniad. By contrast Daniel Taylor (another Forest fan working at the Guardian) is definitely a snidey little turd.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I thought it was a pretty good summing up of that season, to be honest.

It's not like any of it was factually incorrect.

Careful Wolfie - you need to understand if he isn't praising us to high heaven then he is a satanical, vitriol spouting heretic - there is no in between on this forum. Please don't let your so called "facts" get in the way.

As you say nothing he said was incorrect and he even praised the fans for Christ sake "The only bright spot of the whole sorry affair was the fans".

15 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I've met Nick Miller - on a train heading back to Leeds after we beat Forest 1-0 in the game Shaun Barker broke his leg. Noticed he had a Forest top on & when we got chatting found out he worked for Football365

He's a pretty decent chap & I remember him being disgusted by the vitriolic atmosphere that evening - both the Derby songs about Doughty & their lot abusing Barker as he lay prone on the turf and wished the rivalry could be less hateful. He was pretty polite/complimentary/knowledgeable about us too - definitely didn't come across as an anti-Derby type.

I've also read some decent articles he's written about Derby in the Grauniad. By contrast Daniel Taylor (another Forest fan working at the Guardian) is definitely a snidey little turd.

Nick did a good profile on Rowett for The Guardian recently.  He's obviously been a bit cheeky with this piece (which I haven't bothered reading) - but fair play, if I had the chance to write for a national website, I'm pretty sure I'd take the piss out of Forest at any opportunity as well.

I saw a Guardian article about the ten worst legue champions of all time. 

Derby 71-72 were supposedly the worst.

forest sppuortign wnakers

9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Palace looking good for a win right now. 

in a 20 game season id still expect all teams to get 11+ points.

its all circumstantial anyway; a different era and the most bizarre situation. Sod it :)

Not sure it will count, they only had 43% possession.:ph34r:

Archived