Another Chris Martin Thread

TuffLuff

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I bet on England. I won. Luckily. I'll never bet on them again as long as this donkey is manager. That was some negative football st home against a weak weak side. Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Im the same,I'd rather watch scotland or any of the home countries,which have our players involved.....my expectations are lower and I enjoy the games more.

It's just so boring these days. There's no excitement, only crushing disappointment when everything inevitably goes tits up.

I have more affinity for the Derby lot playing for other countries than for the England lot.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

I like him, he's a decent player, has a role to play, his flicks can be lovely ... but the way people rant on about him here needs correction. He's limited. I like strikers with what he's got PLUS pace and work-rate and good attitude. It doesn't have to be one or the other. But as he enters the games for DERBY I am behind him 100%.

Not sure I'm getting where his attitude is a problem...He's worked non stop for Derby and Scotland,is the first back to training from international breaks...us he has clearly worked his arse off to get back into the team.

And watching him in the Cardiff game,he constantly worked hard getting back to defend.

And as,we have unfortunately seen in the Derby team this year,running about like a headless chicken 'with pace' is the not the answer....

Being in the right place at the right time is what does ninos.

You need to consider just why so many people on the forums rate him....it's not by accident or because we like his accent.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not sure I'm getting where his attitude is a problem...He's worked non stop for Derby and Scotland,is the first back to training from international breaks...us he has clearly worked his arse off to get back into the team.

And watching him in the Cardiff game,he constantly worked hard getting back to defend.

And as,we have unfortunately seen in the Derby team this year,running about like a headless chicken 'with pace' is the not the answer....

You need to consider just why so many people on the forums rate him....it's not by accident or because we like his accent.

He does have a lovely voice though :wub:

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You need to consider why so many don't rate him.

1 goal in 27 apps now so 'right place right time' not so sure.

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You need to consider why so many don't rate him.

1 goal in 27 apps now so 'right place right time' not so sure.

I think the right place doesn't include fulhams ground or the bench....pretty hard to score for Derby from either of those spots.

Didn't he score a few for us in pre season by the way,including against some premier league German side??

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think the right place doesn't include fulhams ground or the bench....pretty hard to score for Derby from either of those spots.

Whys has he kept finding himself on the bench for Fulham, Scotland and Derby? :whistle:

The last 27 times he's been on that pitch he has one solidarity goal! dress it up how you want but for a number 9 that's ****

hopefully he gets confidence from his last 2 apps and can help us but he will struggle to get double figures at this rate.

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Whys has he kept finding himself on the bench for Fulham, Scotland and Derby? :whistle:

The last 27 times he's been on that pitch he has one solidarity goal! dress it up how you want but for a number 9 that's ****

hopefully he gets confidence from his last 2 apps and can help us but he will struggle to get double figures at this rate.

11 for Fulham as I recall......when he clearly wanted to be back at Derby.

I doubt that he is a confidence player,just needs to play and the whole team improves as a result......whether that be scotland or more importantly Derby.

Just now, Ninos said:

I like him, he's a decent player, has a role to play, his flicks can be lovely ... but the way people rant on about him here needs correction. He's limited. I like strikers with what he's got PLUS pace and work-rate and good attitude. It doesn't have to be one or the other. But as he enters the games for DERBY I am behind him 100%.

Indeed so.

Sadly, he'd much rather you were in front of him so he can see what you're up to.:lol:

To the people who question Martin, his game is to bring others into play. If he does that he creates more space for himself. His best year was when Bryson was bombing on, along with the wide players. At the moment the style of play that rowett is bringing is not going to bring the best out of him.

Anyone who then says his Fulham record was poor , well all I can say is he didn't want to be their. Yes he's a professional and should adapt but hes only human so who knows what was going on in the background. 

It's almost like football's a team game where a player's individual talent should be used to complement the abilities of those around him, rather than being allowed to override them.

It's come to something when the manager who currently seems to best understand how to play Martin is Gordon bloody Strachan as opposed to our own club's manager, when 2 years ago we were bemoaning Strachan for doing with him exactly what it is our past few managers have done with him.

22 minutes ago, sage said:

He has transformed the last few Scotland games coming off the bench and transformed us in Cardiff.

He was brilliant for Scotland tonight and must surely start v the red dogs

Not sure Gary wants to keep possession in the opposition half, if he did he would have kept Hughes and Bryson, so Martin is pretty much surplus to requirements.

Archived