Another Chris Martin Thread

TuffLuff

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Yes that's 100% true TSP but come Jan, will Martin want to continue to play second fiddle and have a role as late inning sub at home? 

I do think ppl underestimate the larger role Rowett sees for martin in away games. He's prob close to first choice in away games at this point (v Winnall) but ... if he's not guaranteed to start or he's fighting for it, will he want to stay? With his notoriety for Scotland and his past record for us, they'll surely be suitors in Jan and if he wants out he will prob be allowed to go you think.

I think all our strikers need to have a "squad" mentality. Will Chris Martin? I think he looks pretty happy. Hope he stays as he has a lot to offer.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cannable said:

Felt we saw a totally new Chrissy today. Worked hard, looked quicker than usual.

Thought he showed it last week as well - hopefully, he'll be back in the starting squad sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Thought he showed it last week as well - hopefully, he'll be back in the starting squad sooner rather than later. 

He may get his chance next week. I don't think you can drop Vyds and Nuge at home they are knocking the goals in. 

Our away form isn't great so he may get his chance but I think he's looking good.

On 16/10/2017 at 12:09, Ram8 said:

Re the Nugent / Martin issue .. I have no problem with David Nugent, he is a good player, and in other circumstances I would be reasonably happy with him as Derby's centre forward .. however, the situation whereby Gary Rowett selects him regularly in preference to Chris Martin is utterly ludicrous, and says a lot about the manager's evaluation of each player's contribution to the team, and his  (obvious lack of) appreciation of the ability of Martin as (still) the best centre forward in the Championship ! 

Equally, I cannot understand the attitude of a large proportion of the fan base (including many here on the Forum), whereby, apparently because Nugent smiles a lot, and Martin scowls and sometimes complains to his team mates, Nugent is the one who gets the songs and the praise ..

The latter is just an annoyance, but Rowett's attitude to Martin, his treatment of Will Hughes, and his preferred style of (primarily negative) football, just goes to prove that, as a long term solution to the Derby County managerial post, he scores only a few 'points' more than Pearson, Jewell or Davies ! 

Have you considered that it might be you that is blinkered?

10 hours ago, Gritters said:

He may get his chance next week. I don't think you can drop Vyds and Nuge at home they are knocking the goals in. 

Our away form isn't great so he may get his chance but I think he's looking good.

Excellent lets set him up to carry the can. :ph34r:

Archived