Another Chris Martin Thread

TuffLuff

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think that points more towards the tactics we're deploying than the strikers themselves. There is definitely goals in them strikers if we play to their strengths. 

Absolutely.

To score goals, you have to have control of the ball and good possession and territory.

The style that GR is demanding and shaping isn't about those things so the strikers are feeding off crumbs. We have 2 excellent strikers in Martin and Nugent; I haven't seen enough of Winnall yet to assess his strengths but it's time to give Chris Martin an extended run in the side ...it's glaringly obvious to anyone whose head isn't too full of "football system formations b*******". :mellow:

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hope you're right. Definitely won't be Bryson this time. Somebody is gonna have to step up to the plate.

Well its 18months since he scored for us so law of averages and all that might just be his day Serious question to everybody can anyone say when he last had a shot on target because I'm struggling to remember 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Well its 18months since he scored for us so law of averages and all that might just be his day Serious question to everybody can anyone say when he last had a shot on target because I'm struggling to remember 

About a minute before the end of our most recent game…

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Serious question to everybody can anyone say when he last had a shot on target because I'm struggling to remember 

Can't  remember many from last season because he hardly played for us thanks to Pearson. Come to think of it, he hasn't played much this season too barring a couple of starts and a few cameos. Once we start utilising him correctly the goals will flow again for sure. 

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely.

To score goals, you have to have control of the ball and good possession and territory.

The style that GR is demanding and shaping isn't about those things so the strikers are feeding off crumbs. We have 2 excellent strikers in Martin and Nugent; I haven't seen enough of Winnall yet to assess his strengths but it's time to give Chris Martin an extended run in the side ...it's glaringly obvious to anyone whose head isn't too full of "football system formations b*******". :mellow:

I thought ? you needed to put the ball ? in the net ? 

On 10/3/2017 at 17:58, Ellafella said:

Technically, it just has to cross the goal line   :mellow:

Yes technically, the entire sphere of the ball, however there is an an equipment accuracy tolerance to consider. It's suggested that error margin could be as much as 5mm. So a goal could possibly be allowed where the sphere of the ball -5mm has crossed the line. 

https://scoreboardjournalism.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/what-is-the-error-margin-of-goal-line-technology/

1 hour ago, europia said:

Yes technically, the entire sphere of the ball, however there is an an equipment accuracy tolerance to consider. It's suggested that error margin could be as much as 5mm. So a goal could possibly be allowed where the sphere of the ball -5mm has crossed the line. 

https://scoreboardjournalism.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/what-is-the-error-margin-of-goal-line-technology/

I love pedantic b*******. 

Archived