GR - stick or twist

Spanish

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Ok serious answer to a fair question 

Yes. No matter how bad it gets I would stick by him. We can't keep swapping managers! It's time to have some stability and get an identity.

can you imagine being offered the derby job? Chances are you are sacked within a season.

I get that,i really do but let's get the right manager in and stick with them.

Should have been Mac but as its not,let's get a manager who aspires to play the Derby way as well.

I can't bear seeing Derby like this,hoofing it around,players looking lost,defending for 90 minutes like we aren't good enough to go forwards against mediocre teams.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Should have been Mac but as its not,let's get a manager who aspires to play the Derby way as well.

I can't bear seeing Derby like this,hoofing it around,players looking lost,defending for 90 minutes like we aren't good enough to go forwards against mediocre teams.

I think we do have the right manager and I would like to stick with him. If we show no signs of improvement by the end of the season then we should look at it but he deserves his chance and another window at least right?

what is the Derby way? I'm bored of sideways possession football and 4 5 1.

Rowett is still putting his style on the team and it's still relatively early in the season. A young enthusiastic manager who has teams over achieving every season is worth staying with. I just hope he can do it with Derby. It's all about Time and patience.

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

I think we do have the right manager and I would like to stick with him. If we show no signs of improvement by the end of the season then we should look at it but he deserves his chance and another window at least right?

Rowett is still putting his style on the team and it's still relatively early in the season. A young enthusiastic manager who has teams over achieving every season is worth staying with. I just hope he can do it with Derby. It's all about Time and patience.

Happy to see another window simsy and by then to see tangible results in terms of performance and gameplay.

I don't like what I've seen up to now at all and I'm sure GR doesn't either....

Let's hope he can sort it out and play to our strengths not our weaknesses and not let change for the sake of it,blind him to the talents of our best players.

If he can't then,we need someone who can play with the hand they are dealt.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I imagine even Mel would have to admit to giving up on 'the Derby way'  when he replaced Mac with GR. 

Just now, europia said:

I imagine even Mel would have to admit to giving up on 'the Derby way'  when he replaced Mac with GR. 

Seems so.....so why do it in the first place if it was that evident and he wanted to continue with the "derby way".

I knew little of rowett in terms of his management style before he joined us but I'd assume Mel would have done a little more research and had more insight.

So...he either changed his mind on wanting that style or expects GR to produce it at some point.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Seems so.....so why do it in the first place if it was that evident and he wanted to continue with the "derby way".

I knew little of rowett in terms of his management style before he joined us but I'd assume Mel would have done a little more research and had more insight.

So...he either changed his mind on wanting that style or expects GR to produce it at some point.

It's become quite obvious that Mel doesn't carry out research and due diligence on football managers. Seems to appoint based on a gut feeling (or bad advice). Maybe this approach worked for him in big business, who knows, but it certainly ain't working at DCFC...

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

The bottom line is this will take care of itself. Looking at the next half dozen fixtures I fear the worst. Cardiff, Florists, Wendies, Norwich, Dirties, Reading are all very loseable simply because they ALL play a better brand of football than us! My guess is we'll lose to Cardiff, draw with Forest and lose to Wednesday, and he'll be gone. Ask me today if we should stick or twist?.........twist. 

4 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

The bottom line is this will take care of itself. Looking at the next half dozen fixtures I fear the worst. Cardiff, Florists, Wendies, Norwich, Dirties, Reading are all very loseable simply because they ALL play a better brand of football than us! My guess is we'll lose to Cardiff, draw with Forest and lose to Wednesday, and he'll be gone. Ask me today if we should stick or twist?.........twist. 

We aren't playing any brand of football yet are we?....it's not Waitrose or Sainsbury's at the minute,although there is a hint of farmfoods about us,stuff everywhere and in no discernable order.

And yes,if no improvement,this matter will be resolved by Mel himself by the end of that run.

The only way I would consider a change is if a miracle, one-off, definite-promotion gaining manager became available. Then I'd say thanks Gary we just need to go up now rather than build.

Who is that man you may ask? Er..well Mourinho is not going to come and he has zilch experience of this level and works best when he has more money to spend than anyone else.  (Ditto Pep, Ancelotti et al).

So let's go proven at this level....Steve Bruce..no thanks, Villa fans want him out, Neil Warnock ...Holloway, Redknapp.?..nope, too old and past their best even if they would come and  they certainly wouldn't guarantee promotion as recent history would prove. 

So let's go young upstart manager..ohh that's what we have...!!

There is NOBODY who I would confidently predict that could come in and even guarantee an upturn in form never mind promotion...and every time we change we get poorer financially..the players get more unstable..the squad gets more mixed in its make-up and style. People just take a minute. Stop thinking there is a magic wand that solve everything. He gets until the end of the season regardless. Even if we went into the bottom 3, we hold our nerve!

44 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The only way I would consider a change is if a miracle, one-off, definite-promotion gaining manager became available. Then I'd say thanks Gary we just need to go up now rather than build.

Who is that man you may ask? Er..well Mourinho is not going to come and he has zilch experience of this level and works best when he has more money to spend than anyone else.  (Ditto Pep, Ancelotti et al).

So let's go proven at this level....Steve Bruce..no thanks, Villa fans want him out, Neil Warnock ...Holloway, Redknapp.?..nope, too old and past their best even if they would come and  they certainly wouldn't guarantee promotion as recent history would prove. 

So let's go young upstart manager..ohh that's what we have...!!

There is NOBODY who I would confidently predict that could come in and even guarantee an upturn in form never mind promotion...and every time we change we get poorer financially..the players get more unstable..the squad gets more mixed in its make-up and style. People just take a minute. Stop thinking there is a magic wand that solve everything. He gets until the end of the season regardless. Even if we went into the bottom 3, we hold our nerve!

Billy???? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

There is NOBODY who I would confidently predict that could come in and even guarantee an upturn in form never mind promotion...and every time we change we get poorer financially..the players get more unstable..the squad gets more mixed in its make-up and style.

That's still no excuse for playing football the way Rowett does. I'd rather we attempted to get back to a way of playing that was close to 'the Derby Way' (see the Yeovil goal for info) and bring the youngsters through, if that was the choice.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's still no excuse for playing football the way Rowett does. I'd rather we attempted to get back to a way of playing that was close to 'the Derby Way' (see the Yeovil goal for info) and bring the youngsters through, if that was the choice.

Looks like at least 5000 fans thought the same judging by the drop off on attendance last week at the brum game.

Now if nothing else gets Mel's attention,that will.

Im definately in the twist brigade,i see no improvement in skill,style or attitude since GR came in.In fact we all know its gone the reverse.

Just because i dont have the mega thick rose coloureds on that some do please dont call me not a true supporter or wrist slasher(well maybe wristslasher is apt)

GR has had time in my view for people to see what he,s about ,what his plan is ,where he,s taking us and its obvious we are going nowhere under his system.Get rid now i say and give the new man whoever that is, time to sort out the mess we,re in.

Oh and Carsley is a good shout by the way. 

Archived