GR - stick or twist

Spanish

basically if you stick you have too all the way no matter when it comes to Xmas and we are bottom half or you get it over and done with in the next couple of weeks and bring in a attacking minded manager and give him the rest of the season to sort us out and then be ready and have a good hard go for promotion next season!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problems at this club run deeper than purely the manager. We have had a few seasons where expectations are insanely high. We have paid players handsomely to come and get us promoted. We had an identity, we had a team and instead of building on that we threw money around trying to buy ourselves out of the league. Everything that was good about the squad is gone. We think we are better than we really are, that comes from the man at the top of the club, right through to the fans.

I believe Rowett is trying to bring some realisation, an understanding that we have no divine right to win that we have to work hard. His transfer dealings so far seem sensible in the fees paid. He has probably gone too far in giving respect for the opposition but we are long gone from being able to have that arrogance. So many mistakes have been made before Rowett even arrived that he has a lot of work to do. He hasn't helped himself so far and I struggle to think of too many reasons to be excited for the coming months. Yet he clearly doesn't have the squad he wanted, he clearly failed to get as much change over in the squad as he wanted. I believe some of our players are capable of more, but it isn't just Rowett they haven't performed for.

We have to stick with him, maybe a midtable season is what we need. He is paying the price for previous c*** ups and it would be unfair to not give him the time to try and fix our issues. Our club will be better off in the long run for sticking with him, it just may not be pretty for a while.

21 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

We have to stick with him, maybe a midtable season is what we need. He is paying the price for previous c*** ups and it would be unfair to not give him the time to try and fix our issues. Our club will be better off in the long run for sticking with him, it just may not be pretty for a while.

The thread is about what would make you change your mind about GR. But why on earth a midtable season would do us good is anyones guess. Less fans, less inviting to players, less media coverage and less exciting, but no pressure on Rowett - is that it?

24 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

The problems at this club run deeper than purely the manager. We have had a few seasons where expectations are insanely high. We have paid players handsomely to come and get us promoted. We had an identity, we had a team and instead of building on that we threw money around trying to buy ourselves out of the league. Everything that was good about the squad is gone. We think we are better than we really are, that comes from the man at the top of the club, right through to the fans.

I believe Rowett is trying to bring some realisation, an understanding that we have no divine right to win that we have to work hard. His transfer dealings so far seem sensible in the fees paid. He has probably gone too far in giving respect for the opposition but we are long gone from being able to have that arrogance. So many mistakes have been made before Rowett even arrived that he has a lot of work to do. He hasn't helped himself so far and I struggle to think of too many reasons to be excited for the coming months. Yet he clearly doesn't have the squad he wanted, he clearly failed to get as much change over in the squad as he wanted. I believe some of our players are capable of more, but it isn't just Rowett they haven't performed for.

What are the issues that he is fixing and what is he doing to fix them is my question? 

2 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Yep i agree absolutely "everything good about the squad is gone"

Wonder why that is.

guess that there are 3 camps here

1. stick no matter what comes
  2. twist now I've seen enough
  3. stick for now depending on......

which one are you in and, if #3, what will change your view?

6 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Option 3.

He’s got to have more time unless we struggle Pearson style, don’t start seeing his plan having an aim instead of this current tinkering or the quality of football doesn’t improve.

I wonder if any drone’s have gone up yet? :whistle: 

quite difficult to say when enough is enough I suppose

Much to early to say I was at Brentford and must admit that performance was terrible would have been a travesty if we had hung on for a win we were outplayed for the whole match I really want Rowett to succeed obviously midfield is the problem but his hands are tied at the moment hang on till Jan he's promised a lot of changes then see what.happens 

35 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

... obviously midfield is the problem but his hands are tied at the moment hang on till Jan he's promised a lot of changes then see what.happens 

We'll be held over a barrel for prices as everyone will know how desperate Rowett is!

If I had seen anything remotely to be optimistic about in terms of gameplay,tactics,supervision or system of play I'd be saying give him more time....purely to allow continuity and a break from managerial changes yet again.

However....... I fear,I've seen enough to see that this isn't going to improve....and will only worsen as player discontent spreads and the results get worse on the back of the chaos on the pitch we are witnessing.

Do we really think,one midfield signing is going to correct the whole system failure?

Each new signing seems to quickly degenerate from talented to inept under GR,to join the existing players consigned to the scrap heap purely because noone seems to be able,willing or even understand how to play his bizarre tactics.

We can continue to blame the players,old and new for not getting it right or we can see that the issue is with the manager.

So Gary can either get his s*** together very quickly and do a complete reverse on his way of thinking,motivate and inspire the team to play positive attacking derby football instead of this demoralising,defensive rubbish or he will have to go and sharpish before we completely hit rock bottom and get relegated.

And I don't want to have to watch that happen or its consequences.

You can sort it out Gary,it might mean compromising on your original master plan of changing derby wholesale,it may mean making peace with the players you have ostracized but it needs to be done whilst you still have the chance to do so.

It will save a whole world of pain for everyone if you can.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If I had seen anything remotely to be optimistic about in terms of gameplay,tactics,supervision or system of play I'd be saying give him more time....purely to allow continuity and a break from managerial changes yet again.

However....... I fear,I've seen enough to see that this isn't going to improve....and will only worsen as player discontent spreads and the results get worse on the back of the chaos on the pitch we are witnessing.

Do we really think,one midfield signing is going to correct the whole system failure?

Each new signing seems to quickly degenerate from talented to inept under GR,to join the existing players consigned to the scrap heap purely because noone seems to be able,willing or even understand how to play his bizarre tactics.

We can continue to blame the players,old and new for not getting it right or we can see that the issue is with the manager.

So Gary can either get his s*** together very quickly and do a complete reverse on his way of thinking,motivate and inspire the team to play positive attacking derby football instead of this demoralising,defensive rubbish or he will have to go and sharpish before we completely hit rock bottom and get relegated.

And I don't want to have to watch that happen or its consequences.

You can sort it out Gary,it might mean compromising on your original master plan of changing derby wholesale,it may mean making peace with the players you have ostracized but it needs to be done whilst you still have the chance to do so.

It will save a whole world of pain for everyone if you can.

Nothing wrong with GR 

You are being way too harsh mate. 

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Any manager as long as it's rowett?

No matter how bad it is or gets?

Ok serious answer to a fair question 

Yes. No matter how bad it gets I would stick by him. We can't keep swapping managers! It's time to have some stability and get an identity.

can you imagine being offered the derby job? Chances are you are sacked within a season.

Archived