Derby are so average

North East Ram

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Even i'm starting to feel sorry for Mel now.

No matter what he tries, it all seems to go tits up. 

Gary ticked all the boxes but his strategy seems flawed.

He limited his options, and is now relying on significant further activity in January in order to correct his own botched repair job.

January/summer windows were always likely to see significant further activity,because (as far as I know),reducing the squad size is still a fundamental objective. Gary's problems seem to relate to the 'Keith' debacle/misfortune,because it looks like he was set to be a key player.We'll just have to see if Joe can fill a void,as he looks to me to be the kind of character who's naturally pretty fit,and just needs game time to get match fit.

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

He limited his options, and is now relying on significant further activity in January in order to correct his own botched repair job.

Maybe Morris should try to recruit a manager currently in work and pay the club compensation money rather than bringing on board managers out of work and inevitably then having to pay their contracts off when he sacks them.

20 hours ago, RamNut said:

Sorry ,how can you tick all the boxes with no track record .

Rowett has managed Burton and Birmingham, Both clubs with low expectation, Low crowds, Low budgets and Average players. He did WELL at Birmingham but that was with a team and fans who were happy with that sort of football as they had seen it done for 2-3 years previous. At Derby he has, alot of expectation, High crowds, High budgets, and Good players? was he the right manager to fix our problems? no. what had he done in football which really made him stand out? God knows! i think we rushed and got an average manager in. This is why we are Boring and average.

31 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Rowett has managed Burton and Birmingham, Both clubs with low expectation, Low crowds, Low budgets and Average players. He did WELL at Birmingham but that was with a team and fans who were happy with that sort of football as they had seen it done for 2-3 years previous. At Derby he has, alot of expectation, High crowds, High budgets, and Good players? was he the right manager to fix our problems? no. what had he done in football which really made him stand out? God knows! i think we rushed and got an average manager in. This is why we are Boring and average.

I don't think we rushed into rowett appointment,I think Mel had been looking to bring him in for a while and Mac was sacked at the alter to make for him...

Bad move.......... and we are currently below average as a result with many of our best players moved on or sitting on the bench.

MM has turned the club into a laughing stock with his antics.

I would still like to know why he sacked Clement.  The guy did not deserve it for footballing reasons.  If there was something else then we should get to know.  Not the full details obviously but MM could at least say if it was for off field reasons or on field reasons surely?

4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

... Not the full details obviously but MM could at least say if it was for off field reasons or on field reasons surely?

I suppose that's the happy get out, they'll have both agreed non-disclosure and gone for the standard 'footballing differences' line.

Wonder if like Mac that PC was more Rush's man?

17 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I would still like to know why he sacked Clement.  The guy did not deserve it for footballing reasons.  If there was something else then we should get to know.  Not the full details obviously but MM could at least say if it was for off field reasons or on field reasons surely?

He made us worse, spent £25,000,000 in doing so and had us on a seemingly irreversible slide.

Deserved to go.

On 9/24/2017 at 00:57, Tim Bucktoo said:

We are so drab, it's beyond disappointing. What the hell has happened? I really don't know. 

Can someone please explain why a team that was recently on the brink of promotion, is now just so ruddy tedious and inept?

Is it GR or is there a deeper malaise? For over 2 years the team has not progressed in any way, whether it be players, style or performance. And it's costing Mel a small fortune. If we finish higher than 7th, i'll be amazed. GR's long ball tactics aren't working and will never get us promoted. 

Answers on a postcard etc...

Apparently Post cards are in decline due to selfies and text messages 

But I agree with the DRABNESS !

Just re read this blog post about our pre season game against a quality German side FC Kaiserslautern in which we played some great free flowing and exciting football and a 4 3 3 at that.

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/fc-kaiserslautern-0-derby-county-2/

Why can't we just play like that again,why have we constantly messed around with different systems when we had one which clearly worked and which the players clearly understood and flourished with.

I remember watching this and thinking that GR might have an idea what he was doing after all.

And we didn't look bang average either...we looked pretty good

On 24/09/2017 at 13:13, GeneralRam said:

The thing that got me was that we were improving every season. It might have been slow, it might have been underwhelming but the bloke took 10 years to get Burton where they are now and it's entirely down to him they got there in the first place.

Build the team too quickly and you get a Jenga tower where one block goes it comes crashing down. If the foundations are built slow and the block goes, the tower stays.

General  What chairman or fans are going to wait ten years You can build a team in a season its been done many times try Huddersfield for a start or Billy Davis yes your right a quick build can fall apart so can one that takes years No way were we improving every season under Clough we were just a boring going nowhere team His arrogant after match interviews were an embarrassment after any defeat it was never ever his fault always the players 

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Who exactly thinks this club is a laughing stock? Doubt anyone will think we are more of a laughing stock now than what we were 10 years ago, in fact I would say that we hardly register many people's radar, outside a few rivals in this league, which is not down to Mel Morris.

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

Who exactly thinks this club is a laughing stock? Doubt anyone will think we are more of a laughing stock now than what we were 10 years ago, in fact I would say that we hardly register many people's radar, outside a few rivals in this league, which is not down to Mel Morris.

Say nowt Angry... 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just re read this blog post about our pre season game against a quality German side FC Kaiserslautern in which we played some great free flowing and exciting football and a 4 3 3 at that.

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/fc-kaiserslautern-0-derby-county-2/

Why can't we just play like that again,why have we constantly messed around with different systems when we had one which clearly worked and which the players clearly understood and flourished with.

I remember watching this and thinking that GR might have an idea what he was doing after all.

And we didn't look bang average either...we looked pretty good

I remember Doncaster pre season and for the first 45 we pinged it round and looked good.

All that seems to have gone.

The disappointing thing for me is that if we are rebuilding why are we still spending millions on 30+ year olds with no sell on value that just take away any maneuvorability in FFP?

young, hungry, pace, power. The buzz words used for how our transfer window will go. Sadly I can't see it myself

I'm not gonna point fingers at iidvidual players, we all have our own opinions, but I've seen nothing different from any previous manager in that it's the same vicious circle of ex Prem has beens on a final wage packet sucking us dry.

i hope I'm wrong and something clicks to get us playing interesting football and getting results

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Going, going and gone if you believe some views on here :lol:

4 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

The Ego of Mel would not allow Mel to have managers with a strong characters at the club. 

Steve was never sacked for his Newcastle links.

Clement was never sacked because of the results. 

Archived