Lukaku Chant

Parsnip

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If that's racist we might as well not speak anymore, these songs get sung about white players too, but it wouldn't sell a news story if that got dubbed as racist would it.

I cant remember the outrage when we sung about Jim  Smith having no hair and calling him bald. 

Must have missed the complaints about the Bryson  haggis song too.

I can see where Kick it Out are coming from.

I don't think any man would be offended by talk of him having a large ding a ling, but when it swings the other way (pun intended) and stereotyping someone as something negative based on their skin colour I'm sure they wouldn't approve.

You can't take the good side then kick off at the bad.

Kick it out are being consistent in saying this is racism, which if you look at the definition in the Oxford Dictionary it probably is.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Whilst the song doesn't compare Lukaku's ding a ling with Phil Jones, we all know it's based on the idea that black men have huge ding a lings (being superior).

3 minutes ago, David said:

I don't think any man would be offended by talk of him having a large ding a ling, but when it swings the other way (pun intended) and stereotyping someone as something negative based on their skin colour I'm sure they wouldn't approve.

Kick it out are being consistent in saying this is racism, which if you look at the definition in the Oxford Dictionary it probably is.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Whilst the song doesn't compare Lukaku's ding a ling with Phil Jones, we all know it's based on the idea that black men have huge ding a lings (being superior).

How does singing aboutique Lukaku's c*** create the belief that his race is superior? 

Why did Kick It Off not raise a complaint when Derby sang about Chris Martin having a c*** that he wraps around his leg?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How does singing aboutique Lukaku's c*** create the belief that his race is superior? 

As I have said, the stereotyping that black men have a larger penis than other races, having a bigger penis is seen to being superior. I'm sure you're old enough to remember the school changing rooms and the benefits of having a large one.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why did Kick It Off not raise a complaint when Derby sang about Chris Martin having a c*** that he wraps around his leg?

Kick it out are probably not aware of football outside the Premier League.

17 minutes ago, David said:

3 minutes ago, David said:

As I have said, the stereotyping that black men have a larger penis than other races, having a bigger penis is seen to being superior. I'm sure you're old enough to remember the school changing rooms and the benefits of having a large one.

Kick it out are probably not aware of football outside the Premier League.

Isn't that the opposite of racism then? Jealousy more than anything?

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Isn't that the opposite of racism then? Jealousy more than anything?

Yes, it's the positive side of being stereotyped as I said. But you can't gladly laugh and take the positives then be offended by the negatives. Being consistent as to what racism is.

Not saying I agree entirely, just that I can see where they are coming from.

The sad thing is that there are so many examples of obvious 'nasty' racism in society that 'Kick It Out' highlighting this deflects the focus from the more serious issues.

I get the impression that they spend far too much time looking for opportunities to be outraged as it's easier than trying to solve the big problems

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The sad thing is that there are so many examples of obvious 'nasty' racism in society that 'Kick It Out' highlighting this deflects the focus from the more serious issues.

I get the impression that they spend far too much time looking for opportunities to be outraged as it's easier than trying to solve the big problems

Completely agree. Similarly, I've seen the "does your boyfriend know you're here?" chant sung at Brighton highlighted as being an example of the terrible homophobia in football. It'd be better to highlight actual issues rather than things said in jest.

Archived