Harry's gone.

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And why would rowett go there?

Was a tongue in cheek comment but as you ask the Question  GR  is highly thought of by the fans and also it was rumoured that the reason he was released is that he wouldn't sign a new contract  as well as them wanting a high profile manager true or not I do not know.

4 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Was a tongue in cheek comment but as you ask the Question  GR  is highly thought of by the fans and also it was rumoured that the reason he was released is that he wouldn't sign a new contract  as well as them wanting a high profile manager true or not I do not know.

Well they've had 2 "high profile" managers since rowett and got worse and worse. 

Whereas we've hired rowett and got.....oh,  er, hang on......

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Carsley? He was well liked and respected. I can't remember him not being properly appreciated?

Very decent player and one we didn't replace.

Might be wrong but I seem to remember him as the grafter in a flair team that never really got the plaudits he deserved and was not properly appreciated until he left.

Might be wrong.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Might be wrong but I seem to remember him as the grafter in a flair team that never really got the plaudits he deserved and was not properly appreciated until he left.

Might be wrong.

You were right. I remember thinking great deal flogging him to Blackburn for £3m+, we brought in Seth who wasn't ready, no where near as effective talented though he was. 

Carsley then had his best spell with Everton. Quality player.

I think Rowett also fits the under appreciated category. Should never have sold him when we did.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

and all you lot wanted him as England manager and slated me for telling you he was just a used car salesman...

And I would still take him as England manager now ahead of Southgate.

I know he has left teams in financial dire straits but he's done a pretty good job at most places on the footballing side and of course finances doesn't come into the equation at international level.

Archived