Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Down two one and our third sub is Johnny Russell? These are the types of decisions that make me wonder about GR. I badly want him to succeed but if you are chasing an equaliser, then why waste your last sub on a guy who is dire. (Spare me the he has two assists and a goal to his name). It is getting tedious now. He offers nothing and honestly Luke Thomas from the under 23's has way more skill and poise on the ball than Russell. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I tell you what.....its a good job we threw away the chance to play at Wembley in midweek to rest all those super stars for today.....worked out really well that did.....

Spose we could have thrown away our chances before a ball was kicked.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

@ramblur an earlier post on this thread you said you can see what Gary is trying to achieve. Can you enlighten me to what that is please in your opinion?

Well,the trying is a lot easier than the achieving,by the look of it.For what it's worth (and after games like today,it's not very much), I think that he expects us to work our socks off (all the time),defend well and break with definite intent to score a goal.Judging by our history (and definitely ongoing),Canute had much the easier task.I'm well and truly sick of this gang now.I'm sick of talking about bobbles,of lack of confidence and the need to get the balance right between being relaxed and 'Up for it'.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Midfield is the real issue. We need to address this quickly otherwise we will increasingly become exposed once word gets around. GR has dropped a huge testicle in selling/loaning out before getting alternatives in. Very poor "risk analysis" ...

Kieftenbeld - failure to sign in the correct place on a transfer document. Whose fault is that.

32 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Kieftenbeld - failure to sign in the correct place on a transfer document. Whose fault is that.

You can surely forgive one misplaced pass? Out of interest,and seeing as I don't know the full story,who's fault was it? (definitively)

Our selection was too expansive, but are issue is that we have gone from a plethora of midfield options to next to nothing. We needed to change the formation where we sacrificed Weiman for a combative/energetic midfielder. It is the midfield that we were out numbered and out fought. Our signing that never was ( with Rednaps sacking will he ever come now) would have been the ideal person for the job. Unfortunately it is too soon to throw George into the fight but that could be the answer. A midfield of Tom, BJ and George for tough away games and be more expansive at home.

12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Did our first eleven need the game time? We are notoriously inconsistent, would we have benefited from another 90 mins playing together. 

Todays result is not down to Tuesday, but the players dont need resting at this stage. Todays result was about our fragility throughout, on and off the pitch. I know you don't agree with @EastHertsRam but he has a point. Just what Tuesday achieved I struggle with. Giving players a run out when they wont be used much in the near future.. Hmm.  Momentum is an issue, same 11 or not. We had an opportunity to build on Hull and create a feel good factor. Rowett decided that was not important. I dont agree but he is the manager and not me. But he is backing himself into a corner every time.

GR is making some basic errors and that is fine if he is learning from them but he does not seem to. I worry about his ability to change things when a system is struggling in a game. Wolves high wing backs, Sheff U etc.

I think 99% of us want him to succeed but he needs to up his game. 

I think its more down to players available to us truth be told

atm it really doesnt matter what combination of midfielders we put together like yesturday we'll simply get run off the park, hence why he tried to bring in the birmingham lad.

went yesturday and it was simple, we were out manaoevered in all departments, and outclassed i have to say.

im fully expecting between now and jan to see a fair few more away days like this.

its going to get worse before it gets better im afraid 

30 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Never mind Kieftenbeld or any of the others, why didn't we sign Jonathan Leko? Best player on the pitch yesterday.

I'm not sure WBA would be too keen on lending us another player, after the last one!

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not sure WBA would be too keen on lending us another player, after the last one!

I didn't realise that he was a loan player. Like it or not they appear to be a big part of teams' successes at our level. He was excellent yesterday.

As much as everything went for us v Hull and a defeat was fair result yesterday. A couple of key decisions went against us yesterday.

It looked (from 90 yards) away like Baird was fouled for their first goal that got their momentum going and at 2-1 down with 20 to go and us on top Pack should clearly have got a second yellow.

Whilst we have flaws that need addressing, it shows how a bit of luck and a ref decision can amplify if not change a result.

Archived