Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I do. He's in charge of transfers. Loan fees should hardly have come as a surprise should they, didn't we charge £3m for Martin?

If we hadn't signed Davies and Huddz their money could have paid for another player. Hate to say it but Davies doesn't seem much better, if at all than Pearce or Shack. As for Huddz, well, and they say Martin has only one way of playing!

Fair points on both players, so far.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

@ramblur has drunk it all along with 4 bottles of red wine.

Only just surfaced with a humdinger of a hangover.More like 3 bottles as the first was already opened and I only got part way down the fourth,but still way beyond anything I've downed before,tbtg. Anyway,have I missed any firing squads/lynchings/public floggings?

3 hours ago, ramblur said:

Only just surfaced with a humdinger of a hangover.More like 3 bottles as the first was already opened and I only got part way down the fourth,but still way beyond anything I've downed before,tbtg. Anyway,have I missed any firing squads/lynchings/public floggings?

I can never get beyond 2 bottles myself and thankfully rarely get a hangover. I think the secret is to have a warm brandy as a nightcap. Always works. Which reminds me of a Jim Morrison anecdote...on his first night out in Paris with girlfriend Pamela, he ordered a bottle of Cognac at the restaurant they were dining at. The waiter brought a choice of 2 and offered them up to JM who immediately selected both; 

Just watched the whole match and it wasn't how i imagined after listening to ed dawes screaching and bawling. I'm becoming convinced that his negativity is a huge factor in fan reaction. He was moaning and peevish throughout.

this game was similar to sheff united in that we gave away late goals which made it look worse than it was.

But it was so scrappy from beginning to end. There was very little quality in terms of our possession and forward passing.

we were fortunate to go in 1-0 up. Vydra provided what little spark there was. Carson produced two good saves from Leko and Patterson. Overall it was pretty even- however they got stronger towards the end of the first half.

Second half - carried on in the same vein. Just four minutes in they got their deserved equaliser despite what looked like a foul on Weimann in the build up? The penalty five minutes later was unfortunate but we were still in it. Nugent had a half chance.

We improved after the subs came on @ 58 minutes. By then vydra and nugent were passengers and martin provided a bit of mass up front. But we really miss the option of bringing on a central midfielder. Winnall in the no10 role wasn't really what we needed. What we needed was will hughes, or bryson at his best. A bit of quality in the middle. Get the ball on the floor for christs sake.

For the next 20 minutes we were still in it until a disastrous last ten minutes.

on 81 minutes huddlestone gave the ball away on the edge of our box; davies took a booking for the team, but patterson produced an excellent free kick.3-1.

keoghs forward passing got ragged as we deteriorated further.

ten minutes later a poor huddlestone ball into the box was easily nodded away; a long ball found acres of space behind Baird, Diedhiou was away; keogh made a half-hearted attempt to block the shot, but he scored with relative ease. 

We looked well beaten by the end but the most notable feature was the sheer lack of quality.

this was total hoofball.

34 minutes ago, RamNut said:

...Get the ball on the floor for christs sake.

We looked well beaten by the end but the most notable feature was the sheer lack of quality.

this was total hoofball.

I think the first point and the second point might be related. Brave to sit through the full 90 knowing the result. :D

Think we need to put this into prespective. New manager relatively inexperienced wanting and needing to change the system and players. Dispite the cost of the present squad for what ever reason the quality and continuity isnt their. I dont believe we are promotion candidates and realistically anything than a mid table team at present.

Am i happy about it,or is it what i believe a club of our support base and stature deserves ? Obviously not.

But this is where we are,will it get better ? probably not in the short term and anything above tenth this season i would suggest befitting .

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Just watched the whole match and it wasn't how i imagined after listening to ed dawes screaching and bawling. I'm becoming convinced that his negativity is a huge factor in fan reaction. He was moaning and peevish throughout.

this game was similar to sheff united in that we gave away late goals which made it look worse than it was.

But it was so scrappy from beginning to end. There was very little quality in terms of our possession and forward passing.

we were fortunate to go in 1-0 up. Vydra provided what little spark there was. Carson produced two good saves from Leko and Patterson. Overall it was pretty even- however they got stronger towards the end of the first half.

Second half - carried on in the same vein. Just four minutes in they got their deserved equaliser despite what looked like a foul on Weimann in the build up? The penalty five minutes later was unfortunate but we were still in it. Nugent had a half chance.

We improved after the subs came on @ 58 minutes. By then vydra and nugent were passengers and martin provided a bit of mass up front. But we really miss the option of bringing on a central midfielder. Winnall in the no10 role wasn't really what we needed. What we needed was will hughes, or bryson at his best. A bit of quality in the middle. Get the ball on the floor for christs sake.

For the next 20 minutes we were still in it until a disastrous last ten minutes.

on 81 minutes huddlestone gave the ball away on the edge of our box; davies took a booking for the team, but patterson produced an excellent free kick.3-1.

ten minutes later a poor huddlestone ball into the box was easily nodded away; a long ball found acres of space behind Baird, Diedhiou was away; keogh made a half-hearted attempt to block the shot, but he scored with relative ease. 

this was total hoofball.

Tread carefully Ramnut, jacob butterfield got a public flogging from manager and fans alike for daring to say that Rowett was taking Derby towards a more direct style of play that negated the midfield, despite having never used the word hoofball. Now many of those same fans are on here using exactly that term, and in dismay at the way things are shaping up. A lot of hypocrites owing apologies IMO. It's been a long time since I felt so pessimistic this early in the season. I see no light at the end of the tunnel with this current crop and with this naive manager. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

this was total hoofball.

Your first two paragraphs were criticising Ed Dawes and saying we were not too bad as last minut goals shadowed the game. Then in order:

Scrappy

little quality

fortunate to go in ahead

They got stronger

deserved equaliser

Fortunat penalty (stone wall pen, after stupid defending)

Passengers followed by a wrong sub in a wrong role

Gave ball away

Awful passing

Poor passing

Half hearted defending

Well beaten

Lack of quality

Hoof ball to finish

So I don't think it's unfair to say we got what we deserved and that we shouldn't be too harsh on Radio Derby. I like the fact that Ed Dawes expresses his opinion and it isn't too far away from what I think a lot of us feel. 

I think a lot of people don't like reality. We're an unbalanced team, learning another style (Direct). A formation which doesn't suit long ball (You play three behind a striker we should be getting it on the deck, not hoofing it) and we are distinctly average. One great win, one great loss, neither shall be used as a barometer. However, since Rowett joined can be used and it's been very average. Away form is shocking though with only two wins in 9, with them being an awful Birmingham and an awful Bolton.

59 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Your first two paragraphs were criticising Ed Dawes and saying we were not too bad as last minut goals shadowed the game. Then in order:

Scrappy

little quality

fortunate to go in ahead

They got stronger

deserved equaliser

Fortunat penalty (stone wall pen, after stupid defending)

Passengers followed by a wrong sub in a wrong role

Gave ball away

Awful passing

Poor passing

Half hearted defending

Well beaten

Lack of quality

Hoof ball to finish

So I don't think it's unfair to say we got what we deserved and that we shouldn't be too harsh on Radio Derby. I like the fact that Ed Dawes expresses his opinion and it isn't too far away from what I think a lot of us feel. 

I think a lot of people don't like reality. We're an unbalanced team, learning another style (Direct). A formation which doesn't suit long ball (You play three behind a striker we should be getting it on the deck, not hoofing it) and we are distinctly average. One great win, one great loss, neither shall be used as a barometer. However, since Rowett joined can be used and it's been very average. Away form is shocking though with only two wins in 9, with them being an awful Birmingham and an awful Bolton.

I didn't say the bit in bold. And i said the subs improved us, but my point was that we didn't have an appropriate central midfielder on the bench. Therefore we didn't get any degree of control or quality possession. 

there was a lack of quality from both teams. Both teams were scrappy. They got slightly better for about 15 minutes around half time. After our subs came on we were improved and it was pretty even until the 81st minute. 

The last ten minutes skewed the result because of two incidents.

i wasn't watching it raging and squwalking like ed dawes. They were hardly any better than us. Listening to him you would think we were getting hammered. We weren't. And it was the same at sheffield united.

You ignored this bit....."Overall it was pretty even"

Michael johnson said we were fortunate to be in the lead at half time, but he didn't lose his rag and spit his dummy out.

Ed dawes is dreadful. As someone else pointed out on another thread he spews out his criticism and loses all reason and objectivity. 

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

I didn't say the bit in bold. And i said the subs improved us, but my point was that we didn't have an appropriate central midfielder on the bench. Therefore we didn't get any degree of control or quality possession. 

there was a lack of quality from both teams. Both teams were scrappy. They got slightly better for about 15 minutes around half time. After our subs came on we were improved and it was pretty even until the 81st minute. 

The last ten minutes skewed the result because of two incidents.

i wasn't watching it raging and squwalking like ed dawes. They were hardly any better than us. Listening to him you would think we were getting hammered. We weren't. And it was the same at sheffield united.

You ignored this bit....."Overall it was pretty even"

Michael johnson said we were fortunate to be in the lead at half time, but he didn't lose his rag and spit his dummy out.

Ed dawes is dreadful. As someone else pointed out on another thread he spews out his criticism and loses all reason and objectivity. 

Sorry - You said the penalty was unfortunate and I misinterpreted that. My error. The part in brackets I added on. I don't think it was unfortunate - it was stupid defending. I like Keogh but that gifted them a goal.

Only one thing matters in football - and that's goals. City hammered us - what minute the goals were scored in was irrelevant - the scoreline reads 4-1. That is pretty much to be a hammering. It is embarrassing stuff and one which Rowett doesn't seem to have answers to, especially away from home.

The game was not even - not close to it. Either way - I don't have any issues with Ed Dawes giving his opinions. Graham Richards definitely gave his opinions when he commentated - and everyone (including myself) miss the days when a Saturday afternoon was listening to him.

We just don't really appreciate what we have (Good or bad) in the current time - and over time we appreciate things more or less.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not sure I would have moved Baird into CM but I'd have probably put wisdom in there to smash the f*** out of them

We needed to be braver and change the formation IMO. From what we had on the bench I think George T needed to come on. 

Archived