Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I don't like we sold Hughes or Christie but this is a ridiculous post, I'm particular the end part ... it's just one game, and he's still figuring out the mess he's inherited. He will sort it. 

It's not just one game it was the same at Sheffield United. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Did our first eleven need the game time? We are notoriously inconsistent, would we have benefited from another 90 mins playing together. 

Todays result is not down to Tuesday, but the players dont need resting at this stage. Todays result was about our fragility throughout, on and off the pitch. I know you don't agree with @EastHertsRam but he has a point. Just what Tuesday achieved I struggle with. Giving players a run out when they wont be used much in the near future.. Hmm.  Momentum is an issue, same 11 or not. We had an optart off by sayingportunity to build on Hull and create a feel good factor. Rowett decided that was not important. I dont agree but he is the manager and not me. But he is backing himself into a corner every time.

GR is making some basic errors and that is fine if he is learning from them but he does not seem to. I worry about his ability to change things when a system is struggling in a game. Wolves high wing backs, Sheff U etc.

I think 99% of us want him to succeed but he needs to up his game. 

I'll start off by saying that I consider you to be one of the better posters on here,and you certainly stimulate debate,agree,or disagree.All I'd say is that the starting eleven we put out against Bristol could easily have been turned over by a fluid Barnsley,and could easily have suffered a worse defeat (and that's the most fundamental worrying thing for me). Perhaps I should get off to bed ,before I say things I might regret (but deep down believe)

1 minute ago, DEL said:

He is hence why he's wearing captain armband. The manager picked him anyway. 

Very true.

But ain't no Captain material IMO. 

Plays better without the armband and I said that before countless time. 

2 plodders in midfield doesn't help away from home. 

We haven't gone backwards since Rowett has been here...but we haven't gone forwards either. We're strong at home, poor away and blighted inconsistency. When we get beat we're too easy to beat. 5 managers have been and gone that couldn't change this. Rowett is trying to change it, but he needs time.

Will mid-table this season be such a bad thing? Give him next summer to really shape his squad. He gets the division, he gets the club. If we sack him, then it will be another new manager, more new ideas without the players to implement it, result will be more mid-table mediocrity or worse.

Who knows, he might only need January to sort it, and we could make a late charge for playoffs.

Its frustrating but patience is required. 

55 minutes ago, Yani P said:

All we can do is carry on and hope thing improve,

At the moment the club smacks of a directionless mess and that is very very disappointing. So much of the foundations built 2-3-4 years ago have been smashed to pieces..I can only see us spending time getting it back on track - might take 3-4 years who knows. We nearly made it with Macs first stint when we blew the play-off final after totally dominating....but we didn't....I was full of hope when Mel claimed he had a 5 year vision and brought in a brilliant new young managerial talent in Clement - we got to top of the table we were still top 5 when for some madness that only Mel will ever know he got sacked...lets be honest since then the wheels have been off and we are now reaping what was sown from those decisions that Mel made...we are bang average..and we still appear to have no bottle whatsoever..we have sold our flair players and not really looked any better.

I really hope we can turn it around this season but very unlikely with this squad and organisational set-up..

Directionless sums it up. I was there today and we were awful all over the pitch. I couldn't believe we made it to half time in front because they were battering us. They just had better quality all over the pitch, their football was light years better than ours and their wingers/forwards rang rings round us. Huddlestone was an absolute disgrace - slow and cumbersome, and frightened to get stuck in when needed. How he is an improvement on what we had before I don't know. That said, not one player made a truly telling contribution in the 90 minutes.

I really feel for Rams fans - our support today was magnificent and deserved better than this shambles. 

6 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'll start off by saying that I consider you to be one of the better posters on here,and you certainly stimulate debate,agree,or disagree.All I'd say is that the starting eleven we put out against Bristol could easily have been turned over by a fluid Barnsley,and could easily have suffered a worse defeat (and that's the most fundamental worrying thing for me). Perhaps I should get off to bed ,before I say things I might regret (but deep down believe)

I don't disagree, our first eleven could have easily been beaten by a very decent Barnsley side. But we will never know know as they never had the chance. Ifs buts and maybes on all sides of the argument.

I just try a say it as I see it. I refuse to get over excited by a few wins or a few defeats. I do have a massive issue with Morris though. :lol:

We are all Derby arnt we!

I'm home now and had a few beers but I'd just like to say our support is as ever fantastic and I'm proud to be a ram ....

this may be a bit beer fuelled but what I don't currently see is any real cohesion in our play ...also I wanted GR to hit the ground running , I know fans will say he needs time he needs to change the mindset and the tactics need to be different so we are not an easy team to suss out lik when we were constantly playing 4/3/3 under Mac for example where there appeared to be no plan b....but can anyone honestly say we are a better team than the one that got to Wembley where our play was a joy to watch unlike our play now which seems a tad  turgid ....

i want GR to succeed and am right behind him.....still...because he does need time but.... what was refreshing about managers like Wagner in his first season at Hudds last season was he got them playing good football right from the off and never got turned over by 3s and 4s like we are this season ... he went in there and changed them from relegation material to hard to beat tough opponents and signed players like Mooy on loan and a few bargains and hey presto they are an organised good football side who rarely got turned over by more than a goal ...it didn't take a few seasons.

i personally don't wear this give it plenty of time and we will get there in the end... the gulf between the prem and the championship is getting bigger and we appear to be going nowhere  and  we need to get there sooner rather than later so I'd like to see GR be more ruthless ... get younger more hungrier players in and get shot of the failures who are still here ... our midfield today was a complete joke and that is not all due to who actually  played... and away from home we have  to be harder to get at .....come on GR sot this out ...  you appear to be a top bloke ?? 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Feeling crap tomorrow won't help get a sense of proportion on Derby. :) I'm hacked off too, but can't see a change without a change of thinking from the manager. Don't know if that'll be with GR or with a new manager, time will tell.

Believe me Roy,it helps dull the memory,but I've been long enough on this earth to realise that it doesn't help one bit.If I've gone this way,then something's up big time.(And you wouldn't believe the number of times I've had to correct things,making the one fingered plodder taking an eternity). But that's true Rams fans for you-it's all about passion. I might not (for instance) always agree with what @curtains,(for instance) says,but I always acknowledge his passion. If only the team (collectively) could replicate this (and throw in a good measure of b4,we'd be laughing. You get to a stage where some home truths need saying,and like it or not,that's where I thiink  we are. I'll have a massive hangover tmw (believe it or not,I'm now into my third bottle),but it won't change for one second what I actually believe.The possibility of today's performance was well seen,and no amount of debate about the team v Barnsley will ever change that. Hell,if I stay on here much longer,I'll say what I really think:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, ramblur said:

One thing I forgot to say (well into my second bottle now,what the hell) is hat I've no chance of seeing us live,and I've accepted this for a long time.But nothing ,absolutely nothing,will take away the passion I've felt for this club over decades.When I was in hospital for 3 weeks a few years ago,I had a porter trained (a Man U supporter from what I remember),who'd come up a couple of floors just to give me results.Why did he do it (and I had it confirmed on a subsequent visit to O/P,where he recognised me instantly),it was because he couldn't believe the passion I showed,win or lose

Why,oh why, can't these players show just an ounce of this (and I'm trying not trying to be big headed here)If we  continue in this vein,we're heading for mid table.Brighton got up with a great work rate and not a little skilll. How many times do you think that Hughton had to remind them of basics? I'd venture to suggest very little,as they seemed to have it in their DNA. What about us? Perhaps I need to lay off the booze,as I might go too far. My chronic 'broadband' speed meant that I lost the last few minutes (lucky me-though I wasn't surprised when 2-1 turned into 4-1. Just wished I'd lost it after 20 minutes)Because of the speed,I'm lucky if I get 20 secs of matchplay (Rams tv,before anyone gets in with a smart comment) before the big freeze,but I still watch it because those 30 seconds are precious.

Why,oh why,am I turning against the club I love so much?Is it the wine talking,or is it the fact that a massive hangover is going to dull my memory?'

It hurts so much mate because you care so much. Its so hard to describe the feeling, to put it into words. We had a team that was on the verge of evolving into a thing of beauty, a team that was great to watch and totally unplayable when it clicked. It was young, hungry, yet had a couple of honest pros who'd die for the cause and were superb role models for the boys coming through the ranks. 

Somehow, over the last two years we've managed to completely restructure that side and almost without exception, replaced the players with ones who've made the team worse. Not worse players individually but ones who didn't have the ability to play as a unit rather than an individual. 

The wine makes it worse mate!

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't disagree, our first eleven could have easily been beaten by a very decent Barnsley side. But we will never know know as they never had the chance. Ifs buts and maybes on all sides of the argument.

I just try a say it as I see it. I refuse to get over excited by a few wins or a few defeats. I do have a massive issue with Morris though. :lol:

We are all Derby arnt we!

I see your point angry but I'm not sure how it effected our momentum....the side facing Barnsley were completely different to the hull side and the hull side had the normal turnaround to the next game...so it shouldn't have effected them at all,anymore than the under 23 side losing midweek......we are pretty weak, psychologically,if it did (or is that your point?)

I think there are far more fundamental problems with us at the minute...mainly in the midfield area as discussed already.

Archived