Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Looks like Song is signing for Birmingham on loan. Could well be that the Davis deal is done, just waiting for confirmation at 11pm!

Sky have been banging on about this form for most of the night. As long as the deal is agreed in principle by all parties and the form has been submitted by 11, you have two hours to complete the rest of the paperwork. They keep mentioning it with PL sides, I assume it also applies to FL clubs too?

Could be that the form has already been submitted for either a permanent deal or a loan with a view to permanent and then we'd have until 1am to get everything sorted. Someone make sure the fax machine is working please.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Bryson dependant on us getting Davis/a replacement? 

All makes sense on paper. I guess we'll all know in about 10 minutes!

Bryson & Butterfield out

Winnall & Davis in

Personally, very happy with that. More of what we need and less of what we don't.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bryson & Butterfield out

Winnall & Davis in

Personally, very happy with that. More of what we need and less of what we don't.

Absolutely screams hoofball

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Bryson & Butterfield out

Winnall & Davis in

Would agree that would be good business, if it all happens.

Hudds, Johnson, Thorne and Davis as CM options - gives us a bit of everything

Martin, Nugent, Winnall as CF options - also gives us a bit of everything.

I was impressed when Weds got Winnall for 500k, his scoring record at Barnsley was fantastic. It hasn't worked at SW for whatever reason, but we know exactly what it's like to sign a good player who just doesn't fit in right at the club. A move for Winnall could rejuvenate him, same goes for Jacob.

My main beef with butterfield is how utterly miserable he always looks. Even during the barker testimonial when everyone on the pitch was having a laugh he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. And whichever cup game they had the half time cameras in the dressing room he looked like his hamster has just died. Looks like his career advisor at school set him on the wrong path and he longs to sell life insurance instead.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The Davis deal must be close surely. Either that or we're getting another player in that's gone completely under the radar. GR wants to cut the wage budget which is all well and good, but how can you sacrifice that when we'll be left with two currently fully fit centre mids in the squad. If Butters follows Bryson out the door and we don't bring in a CM then I think that'll probably end our top six hopes. A bit dramatic, but we're going to have injuries and suspensions throughout the season, with our back-ups being young inexperienced players being thrown into the deep end.

We don't really have top 6 hopes now though do we so something needs to change. Like getting out players that don't play the system GR wants to play.

Just now, Red_ram said:

My main beef with butterfield is how utterly miserable he always looks. Even during the barker testimonial when everyone on the pitch was having a laugh he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. And whichever cup game they had the half time cameras in the dressing room he looked like his hamster has just died. Looks like his career advisor at school set him on the wrong path and he longs to sell life insurance instead.

Poor poor signing for us, utterly dull footballer bar the odd strike from range, miserable sod, be gone

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Would agree that would be good business, if it all happens.

Hudds, Johnson, Thorne and Davis as CM options - gives us a bit of everything

Martin, Nugent, Winnall as CF options - also gives us a bit of everything.

I was impressed when Weds got Winnall for 500k, his scoring record at Barnsley was fantastic. It hasn't worked at SW for whatever reason, but we know exactly what it's like to sign a good player who just doesn't fit in right at the club. A move for Winnall could rejuvenate him, same goes for Jacob.

Concerns me slightly as to why he has struggled, but Wednesday are an odd team. Hasn't worked out for Rhodes either.

General impression I am getting of Winnall so far (from disgruntled Owls fans) is that he will run all day, battle all day and knows where the goal. Sound exactly like Rowett's kind of striker!

Archived