Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I’m keen on a solid centre half going to a semi rival. Can’t he go to Barnsley or something? We take what we can get but a perm would be so much better.

Guess the good rapport GR has with other managers esp this one is going to make this whole process of moving players easier.

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not sure I’m keen on a solid centre half going to a semi rival. Can’t he go to Barnsley or something? We take what we can get but a perm would be so much better.

Guess the good rapport GR has with other managers esp this one is going to make this whole process of moving players easier.

Don't think there's been word on where yet?

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

If Shackell goes along with Rawson I'd assume we have another CB to come in for the U23s and emergency 1st team cover 

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Either that or he's recognised that Wisdom can deputise there with Baird challenging for his place at RB.

Would be crazy to let a very good backup centre half go, only to buy another, when we are trying to reduce squad size. As E4E says, we have perfectly good cover in Wisdom to go with Pearce. Hanson came through the junior ranks in that position and in a short-term emergency, Fozzy or Huddlestone could also play there.

But ideally Shackell shouldn't go to a rival. Instead he should go to a Premier team as backup, or a Championship team to help them take points off our rivals.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Would be crazy to let a very good backup centre half go, only to buy another, when we are trying to reduce squad size. As E4E says, we have perfectly good cover in Wisdom to go with Pearce. Hanson came through the junior ranks in that position and in a short-term emergency, Fozzy or Huddlestone could also play there.

But ideally Shackell shouldn't go to a rival. Instead he should go to a Premier team as backup, or a Championship team to help them take points off our rivals.

1st team squad yes, but the U23s should contain an emergency option. I agree with getting rid of Shacks but bringing in an U23 on no where near the wages is hardly like for like. 

However the versatility of other players does give us options there you're right. I've wondered about Huddlestone moving back to CB eventually. 

If we get promotion we can then release all the players that we want to leave into the wild and not feel the pinch.Worst possible scenario is getting caught short for players.Derby need eleven players of suitable calibre available at all times.

Why miss out on players going to other clubs early in the window if we really want them? Take a risk and get the right players. Who will not want to come to Derby at this stage?

We have become the most annoying type of football team. We can draw or win and not really be playing well. We are like a good golfer who uses course management to beat a better opponent.Know when to take risks and when not to do so. A good poker player knows when to fold and play the next hand as damage limitation.

Shackell to Ipswich nearly happened at the end of the last transfer window but there wasn't enough time to get it over the line. Shackell was only told on the last day to find himself a new club. I expect half a season playing with the U23s is enough notice that he needs to move on t get playing time, and Ipswich may yet make a push for the playoffs and could help us by taking points off rivals.

40 minutes ago, David said:

Would be good moves for both players....altho sorry to see things not work out for either of them. 

Chris to fulham would be bizarre. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived