Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I can't understand why we wouldn't keep him ourselves in case of injuries

And of course it makes such great sense when we have an perfectly good replacement and even more possible backups to keep someone who is nowhere near selection and on big wages.

Give me strength

I would have kept Shackell unless we spend the money saved on wages on another player in this window. This will affect the wage bill but not the squad size. Only way that we could save money this way is to get a free transfer or a young player on low wages. If all the players that the majority on here want out, actually leave, the following will have been moved out by Rowett.

Anya, Camara, Blackman, Bent, Ince, Martin, Bennett, Christie, Mitchell, Hanson, Hughes, Butterfield, Bryson, Shackell - FOURTEEN.

Only Hughes and Ince gone or likely to go for any money!!!! What was the actual transfer value of these players???

Survivors - Nugent, Vydra, Russell, Weimann, Thorne, Johnson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Olsson, Forsyth, Carson - TWELVE

If we get promoted, Rowett says that we should be OK (with a team that cost peanuts). Rowett Revolution

Wow!!!!

We can build a team to stay up for a year in the Premiership on hard working, older, reliable players plus a few loans, just maybe.

Raheem Sterling apparently being offered a contract extension at £275,000 a week.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I would have kept Shackell unless we spend the money saved on wages on another player in this window. This will affect the wage bill but not the squad size. Only way that we could save money this way is to get a free transfer or a young player on low wages. If all the players that the majority on here want out, actually leave, the following will have been moved out by Rowett.

Anya, Camara, Blackman, Bent, Ince, Martin, Bennett, Christie, Mitchell, Hanson, Hughes, Butterfield, Bryson, Shackell - FOURTEEN.

Only Hughes and Ince gone or likely to go for any money!!!! What was the actual transfer value of these players???

Survivors - Nugent, Vydra, Russell, Weimann, Thorne, Johnson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Olsson, Forsyth, Carson - TWELVE

If we get promoted, Rowett says that we should be OK (with a team that cost peanuts). Rowett Revolution

Wow!!!!

We can build a team to stay up for a year in the Premiership on hard working, older, reliable players plus a few loans, just maybe.

Raheem Sterling apparently being offered a contract extension at £275,000 a week.

Derby fish in a different pool so Sterling comparison isn’t really valid. If we go up ( please, please) we will no doubt spend some money on better players particularly up front and in midfield 

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Derby fish in a different pool so Sterling comparison isn’t really valid. If we go up ( please, please) we will no doubt spend some money on better players particularly up front and in midfield 

Not so much a comparison, just a gasp of unbelief, Woodley Ram

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

Shackell can go. He's always crocked, at the end of his career and on big bucks. That money could be better spent elsewhere.

Also very comfortable for shackell to move 

Shackell has performed very well for Derby prior to his injury. Always put in effort. I actually think a fit Shackell is a very, very good defender at this level. I struggle to recall a game he's had a nightmare in.  His sub par games were when he was carrying an injury. 

But he is aging in football terms, and is now getting injured a lot, and isn't going to dislodge Keogh and Davies.

I wish him well. He did well for Derby

So if Shackell "agrees terms" with Millwall, does this mean we've shifted his whole wage from our wage bill??

i always understood/assumed that terms would be agreed between the parent club (Derby) and the loan club (Millwall) as to what % of the wage the loan club would pay.... in which case Shackell wouldn't need to agree terms with Millwall?!

7 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So if Shackell "agrees terms" with Millwall, does this mean we've shifted his whole wage from our wage bill??

i always understood/assumed that terms would be agreed between the parent club (Derby) and the loan club (Millwall) as to what % of the wage the loan club would pay.... in which case Shackell wouldn't need to agree terms with Millwall?!

Yes its about how much % we can get Millwall to pay, don't think they will go 100% of his pay.

And there is usually an incentive for the player to agree to the loan deal, small increase in his wage!

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes its about how much % we can get Millwall to pay, don't think they will go 100% of his pay.

And there is usually an incentive for the player to agree to the loan deal, small increase in his wage!

So are we saying Millwall agree terms with Derby, say 25% (est £6k)

Then Millwall agree terms with Shackell, say £2k

Derby pay 75% est £18k, Millwall pay 25% est £6k + £2k

And Shackell gets a payrise(!!) from £24k to £26k?

Madness!

42 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So are we saying Millwall agree terms with Derby, say 25% (est £6k)

Then Millwall agree terms with Shackell, say £2k

Derby pay 75% est £18k, Millwall pay 25% est £6k + £2k

And Shackell gets a payrise(!!) from £24k to £26k?

Madness!

No - I think you'll find it is just a simple term being used for the tweet. Derby and Millwall will have agreed terms of the loan.

Shackell may have said to Neil Harris something along the lines off wanting a loan with a view to a perm. He may have provisionally agreed terms for a permanent transfer next season.

However, Neil Harris won't be the one agreeing these terms. The CEO/CFO of Millwall will be doing this with Shackells agent.

Millwall are getting a good player here.

Archived