Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m afraid Rowett has done absolutely nothing in his career to suggest that he can rebuild a team and then get them into the premier league. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy but this job looks a step to far after the ludicrous transfer outs in the summer.

What makes me despair is that we are in no better position than when we sacked Nigel Clough. Arguably team spirit and camaraderie were stronger then. 

That said, I do think we Derby fans have an unrealistic sense of entitlement, which has no basis in reality and probably stems from us having a purple patch when managed by a genius in the 1970s.

6 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

I’m afraid Rowett has done absolutely nothing in his career to suggest that he can rebuild a team and then get them into the premier league. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy but this job looks a step to far after the ludicrous transfer outs in the summer.

What makes me despair is that we are in no better position than when we sacked Nigel Clough. Arguably team spirit and camaraderie were stronger then. 

That said, I do think we Derby fans have an unrealistic sense of entitlement, which has no basis in reality and probably stems from us having a purple patch when managed by a genius in the 1970s.

Nowhere near the master but Jim Smiths era was good also

21 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

Unbelievable, to think that warnock would even consider leaving Cardiff who are level on points at the top of the table to switch to Derby who are beginning a massive clear out of deadwood is laughable:lol: Biggest problem with derby in my opinion is some fans, they want change straight away and expect us to do that in one transfer window. And whenever the players perform badly they are all over them like a swarm but when they perform like they did against Hull they go back to being quitet.

Some fans moan too much, but they're not to blame for the club's problems

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I'm done for :lol::lol:

I've got it saved under my pillow, with backup copies stored around the house and buried in the garden. This tweet will live longer than the laughing chimp gif. Remember, I'm always watching ?

1 minute ago, David said:

I've got it saved under my pillow, with backup copies stored around the house and buried in the garden. This tweet will live longer than the laughing chimp gif. Remember, I'm always watching ?

Wait until my debut on national radio.....

I expected a mid table finish before the season started. It's infuriating especially with the squad we started the season with ie ince, Hughes, Carson etc. But we're going to have to be patient. There are a lot of contracts up at the end of the year so it will give rowett the funds to sign players and shape his squad. Though I'm not too confident in his acquisitions as yet but hopefully he might bring in some lower league gens in the next window or summer when he frees some funds up. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

You can't knock his record, he's kinda of a fad at the minute, seen a few clubs fans wanting him in. Not really done anything for the last 3 years, had we replaced Clement or McClaren with him at the time, don't think it would have gone down to well at the time.

Just wish we had a bit more patience to give a manager time, not to expect someone to come in with a magic wand and fix everything. Won't be pretty at times as we've seen but another new manager with his own ideas is the last thing we need.

You will have to take my word for it thought we should have had him a few years back.I made a post a few days ago and I can appreciate what you have said about giving time etc. but why Rowett with no track record can't see the reasoning behind that one .I do want him to succeed by the way.

13 minutes ago, superzak said:

Nowhere near the master but Jim Smiths era was good also

If we replicated his first season now and we had this forum there would be loads of people calling for his head after this many games. We didnt get going until mid November from memory.

3 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I expected a mid table finish before the season started. It's infuriating especially with the squad we started the season with ie ince, Hughes, Carson etc. But we're going to have to be patient. There are a lot of contracts up at the end of the year so it will give rowett the funds to sign players and shape his squad. Though I'm not too confident in his acquisitions as yet but hopefully he might bring in some lower league gens in the next window or summer when he frees some funds up. 

Worryingly, a lot of Birmingham fans seem to think that recruitment was the weakest part of Rowett's managerial skill set. Many even went as far to suggest that it the reason he was sacked, as the new owners didn't trust him to spend their investment wisely.

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

If there are a lot of contracts up, how will it give Rowett funds to sign players ? Those with contracts expired will leave for nothing, we will get no money for them. 

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

If there are a lot of contracts up, how will it give Rowett funds to sign players ? Those with contracts expired will leave for nothing, we will get no money for them. 

How many have self activated one year extension options like Bent? 

Archived