Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

Say Rowett went tonight. Who would be the right man to replace him with, anyone in mind?

To be fair David that's Mel's job ,Huddersfiel, Leeds Watford have managed to pluck managers from different places and make it work without the outlay of Derby.

For what it's worth I think he got it right with NP who set out dismantling the side but only did half a job in the transfer window .GR has now done the same but is open to  more criticism due to three midfielders out and the failed incoming on the last day, very poor management. .

The problem for me ids GR is an unknown quantity at least with NP he had a decent track record.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are we really having this discussion after 8 league games???????????????????????????

We have been having it since 8 minutes in never mind 8 games :)

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

To be fair David that's Mel's job ,Huddersfiel, Leeds Watford have managed to pluck managers from different places and make it work without the outlay of Derby.

For what it's worth I think he got it right with NP who set out dismantling the side but only did half a job in the transfer window .GR has now done the same but is open to  more criticism due to three midfielders out and the failed incoming on the last day, very poor management. .

The problem for me ids GR is an unknown quantity at least with NP he had a decent track record.

Do you mean he got it right by appointing him or got it right by sacking him?

Think his days are numbered now. Personally wouldn’t sack a manager before October is out but it appears to me he’s losing the dressing room with some of those comments after the game.

Dead man walking- he’ll be sacked in a few games time but we will look at this as the day where he lost his control, bizzarely even though the last few results were worse.

Unbelievable, to think that warnock would even consider leaving Cardiff who are level on points at the top of the table to switch to Derby who are beginning a massive clear out of deadwood is laughable:lol: Biggest problem with derby in my opinion is some fans, they want change straight away and expect us to do that in one transfer window. And whenever the players perform badly they are all over them like a swarm but when they perform like they did against Hull they go back to being quitet.

Just now, King Kevin said:

It is, but isn't it also Mel's job to decide if he's up to the job?

The post I initially quoted was one saying that Mel had got all his appointments wrong, was simply curious if they had a manger in mind that would be right.

Warnock was the answer. 

Would he have been the answer had they not won 6 of their 9 games this season?

Not a bad manager but not a name I've seen thrown up when a manager has departed.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Appointing and so did the majority of fans on the poll on DCFC. 

Yes i thought so too, but we were wrong and so was he, he didnt get it right we just thought he had.

1 minute ago, David said:

It is, but isn't it also Mel's job to decide if he's up to the job?

The post I initially quoted was one saying that Mel had got all his appointments wrong, was simply curious if they had a manger in mind that would be right.

Warnock was the answer. 

Would he have been the answer had they not won 6 of their 9 games this season?

Not a bad manager but not a name I've seen thrown up when a manager has departed.

I would have had Warnock years ago [7 promotions ] he's a c*** but he would have been our c*** .

Just now, King Kevin said:

I would have had Warnock years ago [7 promotions ] he's a c*** but he would have been our c*** .

You can't knock his record, he's kinda of a fad at the minute, seen a few clubs fans wanting him in. Not really done anything for the last 3 years, had we replaced Clement or McClaren with him at the time, don't think it would have gone down to well at the time.

Just wish we had a bit more patience to give a manager time, not to expect someone to come in with a magic wand and fix everything. Won't be pretty at times as we've seen but another new manager with his own ideas is the last thing we need.

36 minutes ago, ramma said:

If Mel got the appointments right in the first place then he wouldn’t have to keep firing managers every 6 months. 

If Mel was proactive instead of reactive we wouldn't be where we are. Yet here we are......

14 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

Unbelievable, to think that warnock would even consider leaving Cardiff who are level on points at the top of the table to switch to Derby who are beginning a massive clear out of deadwood is laughable:lol: Biggest problem with derby in my opinion is some fans, they want change straight away and expect us to do that in one transfer window. And whenever the players perform badly they are all over them like a swarm but when they perform like they did against Hull they go back to being quitet.

Agree, some fans need to get a grip...

I don't know where I sit on this, but to those saying that a rebuild is under way - do you really like the direction that the rebuild is taking us? As apposed to the style of football we were treated to under Mac / Wassall? 

I'm more than happy to give time, to the right man. I would much rather have given time to Mac than bring in Rowett. Obviously the Mac ship has sailed, but there are others.

In my opinion, there is more than an air of going backwards. Rowett clearly can't get that extra bit out of the players, he isn't breeding a culture of attacking vibrant football, and the cry of we must work harder just doesn't cut it. We aren't bringing in younger, hungry players, we aren't exploiting foreign markets. 

A season of mixed results with an old squad is not what I would call a rebuild. If we had brought in a young core and some talented but unproven players over the summer, then a season of mixed results whilst they grow and develop and form a unit to take us forward for the next few years would be part of a rebuild. But, this isn't.

If you look at the starting 11 today, outfield players only, Baird - 35, Keogh - 31, Davies - 32, Olsson - 29, Huddlestone - 30, Johnson - 30, Nugent - 32. Admittedly we have a young trio behind the striker who in my opinion are going to keep getting better, but that isn't enough.

Where is a season of mixed results and mediocrity going to leave us when all these players are a year older? We will have gained nothing, seriously just seems a waste of a season, no football culture being developed, no team being developed.

What is the point of giving time to that?

Archived