Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, David said:

Im sorry but this just about sums up a lot of our fanbase right now.

instant success and a divine right to be in the upper echelons, we're paying now for previous mistakes and theres no quick fix

sacking rowett would be utter madness, this merry go round of managers is why we are in the mess we're in.

End of last season did anyone leave that last game of the season thinking anything different than this squad needs a massive overhaul.???

well cos of the massive and lengthly contracts weve handed out pre Rowett that aint going to happen in one transfer window

some fans need to get a grip and face up to the reality that this isnt champ manager and theres no quick fix and there no previous saved game we can go back to where we didnt just give craig bryson an extended and lucrative new deal, or that we didnt pay 10m for johnson and buttefield and gave them big deals... or that we didnt pay over 12m for anya and vydra and gave them big deals .....

jesus h christ

5 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I'd thought he said he was going to and feared the worst when the team was announced. It sends the wrong signal to the slackers.

Spot on I went to Bristol and I thought no way will he start with that team again We were lucky to only concede 4 we were that bad The players must think it doesn't matter how I play I will still start How Weiman gets a start is beyond me he's had two decent games since he's been here away to Hull and home to Preston this season The rest of the time he's been dreadful 

Pshh if we stuck with Steve last season, and gave him the summer, we'd be looking at at least top 8 this season. Some fans are so desperate to dismantle this squad that they're willing to accept a couple of horrendous seasons or even relegation. We have one of the best squads in the league, we just need someone to get them playing right.

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im sorry but this just about sums up a lot of our fanbase right now.

instant success and a divine right to be in the upper echelons, we're paying now for previous mistakes and theres no quick fix

sacking rowett would be utter madness, this merry go round of managers is why we are in the mess we're in.

End of last season did anyone leave that last game of the season thinking anything different than this squad needs a massive overhaul.???

well cos of the massive and lengthly contracts weve handed out pre Rowett that aint going to happen in one transfer window

some fans need to get a grip and face up to the reality that this isnt champ manager and theres no quick fix and there no previous saved game we can go back to where we didnt just give craig bryson an extended and lucrative new deal, or that we didnt pay 10m for johnson and buttefield and gave them big deals... or that we didnt pay over 12m for anya and vydra and gave them big deals .....

jesus h christ

Agree with the bit in bold but I also look at the performances I have seen this season and think Rowett should be getting more out the players he has at his disposal than he is managing to. I can understand the transition / overhaul argument but you cannot seriously tell me that the squad he has it his disposal, 6 of whom he signed, are not capable of more than is currently being delivered.

To my mind either the tactics are wrong or Rowett is incapable of motivating them.

The football is diabolical and the crowds are dwindling.

18 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Pshh if we stuck with Steve last season, and gave him the summer, we'd be looking at at least top 8 this season. Some fans are so desperate to dismantle this squad that they're willing to accept a couple of horrendous seasons or even relegation. We have one of the best squads in the league, we just need someone to get them playing right.

Best squads in the league.

Can i have some of what your having please lol

24 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Agree with the bit in bold but I also look at the performances I have seen this season and think Rowett should be getting more out the players he has at his disposal than he is managing to. I can understand the transition / overhaul argument but you cannot seriously tell me that the squad he has it his disposal, 6 of whom he signed, are not capable of more than is currently being delivered.

To my mind either the tactics are wrong or Rowett is incapable of motivating them.

The football is diabolical and the crowds are dwindling.

Is that not what tends to happen though when a club is in transition, even more so when theres a complete conflict in playing styles between what we have and what rowett wants to play?

crystal paalce anyone ????

We have more inside forwards than u can shake a stick at, so until lawrence arrival no genuine width.

lawrence hasnt set the world alight yet but you can tell already hes a guy who has and idea of what to try and do in the final third in comparison to johnny or weiman 

its not going to happen overnight 

i expect it to get worse before it gets better

thats football folks 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Is that not what tends to happen though when a club is in transition, even more so when theres a complete conflict in playing styles between what we have and what rowett wants to play?

crystal paalce anyone ????

We have more inside forwards than u can shake a stick at, so until lawrence arrival no genuine width.

lawrence hasnt set the world alight yet but you can tell already hes a guy who has and idea of what to try and do in the final third in comparison to johnny or weiman 

its not going to happen overnight 

i expect it to get worse before it gets better

thats football folks 

I am tempted to say that it also tends to happen when the manager is out of his depth (as well as when a club is in transition) but I will try and be a little more controlled.

As stated I can see why a degree of transition may be required but I don't see anything in the way of a vision from Rowett in terms of where the club is going and why. He has been here 6 months now and I can't identify a single aspect where we have moved forward as a team, as a club.

Lets be clear Rowett said at the start of the season we already had a playing staff capable of top six and two more additions and we would be top two. I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is capable of leading the team to anywhere near the top six so if he believes the players are capable of that - where does the fault lie? Was he wrong about the players or is he incapable of unlocking their capabilities.

Archived