Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well if Lewandowski is in the conversation, why isn't Kane? In 2017 he scored more goals than Lewandowski in a more competitive league. Lewandowski has to prove himself in La Liga or the BPL for me to ever even put him in the same bracket as Ronaldo, same as I don't put Kane in that bracket. Messi and Ronaldo are in a league of their own.

Harry Kane's last three seasons:

Played 98 scored 78 assists 10

Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent record, but not at the level of the others. Though granted, the quality of the Premier League is better than the Bundesliga and Kane isn't playing for the outright best team.

Cavani is another one with an excellent goal scoring record, but he plays in a worse league.

I think the reason Ronaldo is seen as such a better player, even now at 33, is his CL record. I don't think he's performing in the league any better than Lewandowski, Kane or Cavani. It's his record in Europe which separates him.

Messi is in a league of his own. The guy is a number 10. If Totti scored 20 and assists 15 in a season, it's considered world class level. The same as if Mesut Ozil, David Silva or Dele Alli (or any other number 10).

But Messi scored 50 in a season and assists like 20+. He has no right to score so many. The guy is from a different planet altogether.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Harry Kane's last three seasons:

Played 98 scored 78 assists 10

Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent record, but not at the level of the others. Though granted, the quality of the Premier League is better than the Bundesliga and Kane isn't playing for the outright best team.

Cavani is another one with an excellent goal scoring record, but he plays in a worse league.

I think the reason Ronaldo is seen as such a better player, even now at 33, is his CL record. I don't think he's performing in the league any better than Lewandowski, Kane or Cavani. It's his record in Europe which separates him.

Messi is in a league of his own. The guy is a number 10. If Totti scored 20 and assists 15 in a season, it's considered world class level. The same as if Mesut Ozil, David Silva or Dele Alli (or any other number 10).

But Messi scored 50 in a season and assists like 20+. He has no right to score so many. The guy is from a different planet altogether.

Ronaldo and Messi are clutch. When you need them the most, they turn up for the big games and they make a difference. How many Champions League finals has Ronaldo scored in now? Kane, Cavani and Lewandowski are all comparable for me. Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players ever on the planet. I honestly think if you put Kane in Bayern, he'd score more goals than Lewandowski has, because more than half of the Bundesliga would be more suited to playing Derby than Bayern. 

I think we may have to wait a while for another player as good as Messi or Ronaldo.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can see Liverpool winning a one off game like tonight purely because of their front 3 but over the course of the tie, City will probably go through. Take the front 3 out of Liverpool and they’re an average team on paper. Liverpool were brilliant in the 4-3 game but even in that game, they nearly threw it away. I’ve seen a lot of people say that they haven’t missed Coutinho but if you look at their midfield, I think they do because he was the link between the midfield and forward line. 

Interesting selection by Pep with the 4 midfielders. Will Sane be playing at lwb in a back 3  then have De Bruyne behind Jesus up front or will it be Laporte at left back in a flat back 4?

It will be interesting. Laporte will cover the LB role out of possession, and in posssession he will probably push right up. It looks smart by Pep, as if City work the ball well, they can get Sane 1vs1 with Alexander-Arnold and there will be only one winner there.

I look at City's midfield completely running the show there. They're vastly superior to that trio of Henderson, Milner and OX. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Pep looked livid. It’s not Liverpool’s fault though.

Of course not. Stupid Manchester City bus viciously rammed their bottles and flares with complete disregard for safety.

Sith Happens

Have reviewed the images of the attack on the bus and dont think it can be Liverpool fans as the bus still has its wheels on it.

Archived