Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

26 minutes ago, David said:

However, Guardiola's players were keen to play down the incident.

Captain Vincent Kompany said it "had no effect on us" and that it was something they have experienced before, while midfielder Kevin De Bruyne said there was "nothing wrong with it".

"It was OK," the Belgian said. "I don't mind supporters doing that - I've had it a couple of times for my team and it's a nice feeling. 

"I am fine with it as long as no one gets hurt. It doesn't change anything [for the players]. As long as you keep the violence down, there's nothing wrong with it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43648184

I think they are being very PC and very professional about it. What happened is an absolute disgrace. Imagine if someone was killed? Liverpool should be dragged over the coals for this. Hope the authorities act but I doubt they will.

PS I know you are making another point and not defending Liverpool David. I just had to vent my thoughts somewhere.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think they are being very PC and very professional about it. What happened is an absolute disgrace. Imagine if someone was killed? Liverpool should be dragged over the coals for this. Hope the authorities act but I doubt they will.

PS I know you are making another point and not defending Liverpool David. I just had to vent my thoughts somewhere.

It was, don't condone it for a second, but to make excuses for City players, nope.

Even seen bricks mentioned on here, but all media are reporting is bottles and flares.

Not right at all. Had a similar experience which was bricks leaving Everton away on the road rider back when we were in the Prem, but that was bricks.

Tried to get BT Sport last night through EE to watch it, the buggers didn't send me an activation link so had to watch online. Ahem. 

Been online with EE today to have a moan. Even they know.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.36.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.37.28.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.39.02.png

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Do you think? Obviously i dont know him but family seems important to him so would seem a long way to go.

Burton are clearly down but hope he stays and tries to get them back up.

I also hope he stays and gives it a go next season. Depends o he squad rebuild but if they kept the nucleus they would be a play off chaser.

I don't think distance is an issue any more, it was while his kids were growing up but I think they are at uni age now and I know he would love the lifestyle, probably all of them would. He's been a massive follower of us sports since he was a teen-ager and I get the feeling it may even be a bucket list type of ambition.

Again I might be as far off the mark as a Geoff Thomas chip, just a feeling in my bones.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

The things people will do for 3 months of free BT....

I'd have thought a stint down Hull docks for BT money would've been preferable...hey sailor, you got any euros and a football fan forum you wanna tell me about...No, I'm not that type, I'm only doing this for the BT Sport subscription.

On 3/30/2018 at 17:41, Bris Vegas said:

After being wrong twice about Burnley, I don't want to dismiss Cardiff's chances straight away. But, Warnock doesn't really do it in the PL does he? 

Not a dig at Burnley, but there are so many crap teams in the PL these days. The current bottom five of West Ham, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and Palace should never be down there after so many years of being able to establish themselves. All have got it horribly wrong, regressing big time.

Brighton look a solid enough outfit. Newcastle and Huddersfield are basically two Championship sides up there, and both have barely spent more than a week in the bottom three. Goes to show how bad the others are doing.

I remember you last season ridiculing Burnley's away record. What about this season? So far, 27 points and the 5th best away record.

We were unlucky in a lot of away games last season (could have had points at Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool) but I suppose you did not look past the end result - all four finished 1-2.

Archived