Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

It's not always what you post lads, it's the style of how you post.

I'd expect the reaction to the post (aside from Norman's cheap unfunny gag) will give you a decent idea as to whether I'm out of order or not.

The two of you out your posts across as if you've got some sure knowledge, Bris the stat analyst who should

If you don’t like what we post, the ignore feature might be your saviour, that’s what it’s there for!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not a good couple of days for Italian football. Battered by the Spanish duo.

Roma did well getting this far. Their best player last season is on the pitch at Annfield.

Its just like Arsenal getting hammered by Bayern 10 - 2. 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Liverpool fans will sing for the first couple of minutes and then be silent. Man City will be fine, they played at Celtic Park last season which is louder than Anfield.

Must be just the fat lady making all that racket then.

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

It's not always what you post lads, it's the style of how you post.

I'd expect the reaction to the post (aside from Norman's cheap unfunny gag) will give you a decent idea as to whether I'm out of order or not.

The two of you out your posts across as if you've got some sure knowledge, Bris the stat analyst who should

Bizarre. Your cheap digs come across as still being bitter about something.

I wonder what that could be...

Just now, 86 points said:

Must be just the fat lady making all that racket then.

It’s really not that loud. Sure they have been better than I expected but the way how everyone went on before the match about how Man City would be intimidated by this atmosphere, bearing in mind that they played Napoli and Shaktar away this season and Celtic away last season. What has cost city tonight has been stupid mistake not the self proclaimed scary atmosphere.

14 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Roma did well getting this far. Their best player last season is on the pitch at Annfield.

Its just like Arsenal getting hammered by Bayern 10 - 2. 

Agree they have done very well and finished top of a difficult group. Shame they will probably lose some of their better players again the summer like the goalkeeper Alisson and it would surprise me if Dzeko left either. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Liverpool have a foot and a half in the semi-final. They’ve defended well.

3-0 isn’t a fair reflection of the game. Just been one of those nights for City.

C'mon Bris, City deserved naff there. Not even a goal. I like watching them but they were so disappointing tonight. Liverpool played very well and kept them at arms length but when in killer positions City were below par, it was very unlike them. If you're trying to argue City were deserving of a goal from a couple of half chances then add a couple more on for Liverpool from their half chances in the first half too. 5-1 probably. 

1-0 Liverpool and Klopp, thankfully for City they've got a second go to save their season, the PL alone will be a very unsatisfying campaign after all the hype they've had. A good score to take into the game next week but this ones far from over. 

Aguero was a big miss tonight. For all the promise of Jesus he's not near the ability or game know how of Aguero yet.  

Credit to Liverpool, everyone in that team won their battles accross the pitch and were relatively comfortable even in the 2nd half. 

An early goal at the Ethiad might make it interesting. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

C'mon Bris, City deserved naff there. Not even a goal. I like watching them but they were so disappointing tonight. Liverpool played very well and kept them at arms length but when in killer positions City were below par, it was very unlike them. If you're trying to argue City were deserving of a goal from a couple of half chances then add a couple more on for Liverpool from their half chances in the first half too. 5-1 probably. 

1-0 Liverpool and Klopp, thankfully for City they've got a second go to save their season, the PL alone will be a very unsatisfying campaign after all the hype they've had. A good score to take into the game next week but this ones far from over. 

Liverpool  weren't three goals better than City.

Their first goal was offside, the 2nd goal was just a 25-yard potshot and the third came from two deflections falling for Salah. On refelction of the actual game, City had more shots, possession and corners. They defended poorly and gave the ball away unneccessarily. It was by their standards a poor performance.

But Liverpool weren't exactly outstanding, and they were fortunate Sane disappointed on three occasions where he failed to play a final ball leading to a goal where by his standards he should have done.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Agree they have done very well and finished top of a different group. Shame they will probably lose some of their better players again the summer like the goalkeeper Alisson and it would surprise me if Dzeko left either. 

Its a shame Strootman hasn't come back from injury the player he used to be. (ala George Thorne). They had the makings of a very good team a few seasons ago but money talks. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Their first goal was offside, the 2nd goal was just a 25-yard potshot and the third came from two deflections falling for Salah. On refelction of the actual game, City had more shots, possession and corners. They defended poorly and gave the ball away unneccessarily. It was by their standards a poor performance.

But Liverpool weren't exactly outstanding, and they were fortunate Sane disappointed on three occasions where he failed to play a final ball leading to a goal where by his standards he should have done.

1 stat says they were. 

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Its a shame Strootman hasn't come back from injury the player he used to be. (ala George Thorne). They had the makings of a very good team a few seasons ago but money talks. 

Strootman was very highly rated a few years ago and all the big clubs were after him, he was like a better Matic. Shame how injuries have harmed him.

Roma have got a few aging  players too so it will be interesting to see how they replace the likes of De Rossi.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I could have sworn that was exactly what they were.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Jesus has only just come back. 

Hates crosses though.

That's Virgin on the ridiculous 

Very harsh criticism on Laporte for me. Yes he could have been tighter to Salah but they need to remember he’s a centre back being played at left back.

Thats one position Man City will need to rectify in the summer. Mendy will be back but he will need time after his long injury.

Man City aren’t far away, maybe a couple of players to win the champions league so they don’t need to spend a lot in the summer. 

Just popped on to finally give Pep the credit he deserves.

What an achievement!

Folding like a lawn chair against inferior opposition in the knockout stages of the Champions League for the second year running!

Bravo, Pep.

Bravo!

:lol:

Archived