Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what happens when you have bricks thrown at you before the game and your players fear for their safety. I would say we should take note but we aren’t thugs or criminals like Liverpool fans.

I highly doubt City would be losing 3-0 if the incident before the game did not occur.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This is what happens when you have bricks thrown at you before the game and your players fear for their safety. I would say we should take note but we aren’t thugs or criminals like Liverpool fans.

I highly doubt City would be losing 3-0 if the incident before the game did not occur.

I highly doubt city losing 3-0 has anything to do with it.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Kompany’s lack of pace being exposed in this game which is why walker looks all over the place. Bring delph on for kompany then Laporte let centre back and Sterling for Gundogan 

Thought it was the attack on the bus fault?

Then that wouldn’t explain putting 4 away against them last time at Anfield.

Dare I say the tactical genius maybe struggling to find an answer to Liverpool’s relentless attacks. 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I highly doubt city losing 3-0 has anything to do with it.

Disagree. It was said before the game that the Man City players were fearing for their safety and were worried that a repeat of what happened to Dortmund was going to happen.

It was bound to have an effect.

I don't buy this theory that it's Liverpool's immense pressing which is the way to beat City. Liverpool have a rapid front three or who would give problems against any back four in the world if you allow them a free run.

Liverpool have picked up so many second balls in midfield, but they've also profited from some really sloppy passing.

The goals, especially the first and third, came from a City player under no pressure just giving the ball away with a really poor pass. De Bruyne, Silva and Gundogan have played so far below their proper level.

The first goal was offside, OX scores a wondergoal whereas Sane in a far better position misses. It's little things that can have such a big impact. No doubt City have contributed to their own downfall though with sloppy play.

Tie isn't over. If this finishes 3-1 or even 4-2, City still have a great chance of turning it around. They no doubt need to win the second half here though. 3-0 would be a horrible scoreline to take back to Manchester.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Players are humans too. Let’s say for arguments sake we make it to the play off final and our team coach was attacked with weapons and the windows smashed by opposition fans. It would be naive to say it would not have an effect on them.

More likely to be attacked by our fans tbf....

Archived