Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Put your money on Spain winning the World Cup. They look motivated and look like a team with a point to prove. No-one has the amount of depth that they do. Genuine world class players in every position. Diego Costa looks better than ever.

Does their president have lots of brown envelopes filled with euros? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

France are the only team that have the depth that Spain do but they have a rubbish manager.

Germany won’t win as they don’t have the leadership that they had in the last World Cup in lahm, klose or schweinsteiger.

Brazil’s hopes depend on Neymar being fit.

Argentina will be too reliant on Messi and it’s too early for them as their manager has only just come in.

Belgium are Belgium and have a poor manager who has no tactical nous.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

France are the only team that have the depth that Spain do but they have a rubbish manager.

Germany won’t win as they don’t have the leadership that they had in the last World Cup in lahm, klose or schweinsteiger.

Argentina will be too reliant on Messi and it’s too early for them as their manager has only just come in.

Best declare the World Cup void then?

48 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Germany won’t win .... You’ve been on the sherry ? 

9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Germany won’t win .... You’ve been on the sherry ? 

They won’t, they’re half the team they were since the last World Cup and neuer isn’t fit. Boateng, Khedira and Hummels have also declined massively since the last World Cup.

8 hours ago, McLovin said:

They won’t, they’re half the team they were since the last World Cup and neuer isn’t fit. Boateng, Khedira and Hummels have also declined massively since the last World Cup.

Neuer is not fit but der Stegen has improved massively and plays similarly. Not a problem.

Khedira is gonna be replaced with Guendogan or Goretzka. Far from a problem.

I've never really understood why Hummels has been appreciated and haven't seen the signs of Boateng declining. So still not a problem.

I wouldn't count Germany out as long as their key players are fit (and playing, so not like yesterday).

On 27/03/2018 at 22:34, McLovin said:

Half the team which is still twice the team most others have. Eleven unknowns will do just fine I reckon as they have the mentality. 

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Aye, went to feed the dogs and come back to Wolves being 2-0 up though. 

Decent but not spectacular goals.

Wolves have the beating of Boro I think. Boro are organised and hard working but lacking flair and creativity. Not terribly bad, but I'd be very surprised if wolves don't win from this position.

On 27/3/2018 at 13:19, JoetheRam said:

Saw Brazil vs Russia, who are obviously rubbish, but they looked impressive in that game also. Slight favourites for me at the minute. Front players are frightening, two decent centre backs. Even have a decent keeper now as well.

I think Brazil are the outstanding favourites. Improved immensely since 2014. Neymar and Coutinho are obviously a much better players, Gabriel Jesus is the best striker they've had since Ronaldo and Ederson/Alisson are two world class goalkeepers.

Fernandinho and Paulinho are two holding players currently enjoying great individual seasons.

I thought France were favourites a year ago, but some of their players have had average/poor individual campaigns which really does make a difference when it comes to World Cup finals.

Germany went into 2014 with the bulk of their players enjoying amazing campaigns at Bayern, winning the CL. Sane Gundogan and Boetang aside, none of their other players are really shining at club level right now.

Brazil have the all-round best team IMO.

5 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Wolves should do quite well in PL next season...mid-table. Cardiff straight back down.

After being wrong twice about Burnley, I don't want to dismiss Cardiff's chances straight away. But, Warnock doesn't really do it in the PL does he? 

Not a dig at Burnley, but there are so many crap teams in the PL these days. The current bottom five of West Ham, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and Palace should never be down there after so many years of being able to establish themselves. All have got it horribly wrong, regressing big time.

Brighton look a solid enough outfit. Newcastle and Huddersfield are basically two Championship sides up there, and both have barely spent more than a week in the bottom three. Goes to show how bad the others are doing.

4 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’m still in total shock that Bloomin Cardiff are how many points ahead of us now? 17 is it, incredulous. Still we can narrow it tonight ..... maybe 

8 wins on the bounce for them. They were on a horrible run of form, but that all turned when they beat Sunderland 4-0 at home. Hopefully Sunderland help us in a similar manner rediscover our top form.

Archived