Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juve are terrible. They fluked their way past Tottenham, now they’re being shown up as proper second rate.

Average La Liga sides have performed better against Real this season.

They’ve gone massively backwards since the days of Vidal, Pogba, Tevez and Pirlo.

We’re going to be set up for a cracking semi-final. Madrid, Bayern, Barca and hopefully City.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Juve are terrible. They fluked their way past Tottenham, now they’re being shown up as proper second rate.

Average La Liga sides have performed better against Real this season.

They’ve gone massively backwards since the days of Vidal, Pogba, Tevez and Pirlo.

We’re going to be set up for a cracking semi-final. Madrid, Bayern, Barca and hopefully City.

Juve were better than Spurs and are winning the league at a canter, hardly second rate. 

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Juve were better than Spurs and are winning the league at a canter, hardly second rate. 

Juve weren’t better than Spurs. They rode their luck and squeezed through despite being utterly dominated.

Also, they’re winning a league even Arsenal could win judging by how they easily overcame Milan.

Their only challengers are Napoli, a team who couldn’t get the better of the mighty Shakthar and were later dumped in the Europa League.

Don’t get me wrong, Napoli’s football is admirable, but they don’t exactly have a winning mentality.

Serie A is full of great clubs with huge history. But the standard is really poor.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

They weren't better than Spurs. Spurs were just naieve. Madrid haven't been, and completely showed Juve up. Winning Serie A at a canter is hardly a difficult prospect, they're the only proper team in that league.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

They weren't better than Spurs. Spurs were just naieve. Madrid haven't been, and completely showed Juve up. Winning Serie A at a canter is hardly a difficult prospect, they're the only proper team in that league.

Where S winning the Premiershite, the Spanish league, the German league, the French league or the Scottish league has all proved to be really difficult and Uber competitive.....?

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Where S winning the Premiershite, the Spanish league, the German league, the French league or the Scottish league has all proved to be really difficult and Uber competitive.....?

The Premiership still has 5 good sides, City just have been World Class, it still isn't easy to replicate what they have done, they're one of the best Premier League teams in recent memory. The Spanish League has had Madrid underperform for a year, but it isn't a common occurrence. I agree with the French, Germany and Scottish leagues. They're all poor quality, one team leagues. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

The Premiership still has 5 good sides, City just have been World Class, it still isn't easy to replicate what they have done, they're one of the best Premier League teams in recent memory. The Spanish League has had Madrid underperform for a year, but it isn't a common occurrence. I agree with the French, Germany and Scottish leagues. They're all poor quality, one team leagues. 

I would argue that the Premiershite has only got 2 teams that are capable of actually winning it now and one is reliant on Jose not going cray cray..!

17 hours ago, Highgate said:

Still the best centre forward in the world, by a distance. Has absolutely every attribute that a striker could want.

I wonder if Lewandowski would be rated more highly if he played in a better league?

Ronaldo's last three seasons in the league

Played 88 scored 82 assists 22

Lewandowski's last three seasons in the league

Played 89 scored 86 assists 8

Messi's last three seasons in the league

Played 96 scored 89 assists 37

It's kind of the obvious that the Champions League is the be all and end all in terms of the Ballon d'Or. Messi has outshone Ronaldo in La Liga for a number of years now, in terms of goals, assists and trophies.

But Ronaldo's CL form is basically what wins him the individual honours. I don't understand why he's so much more prolific in Europe against supposedly better teams. In his last four games against Bayern and Juve he's scored 9 goals. Yet his last six games against Villarreal he has only scored two, both being penalties.

Maybe La Liga teams just know how to defend against him better, being used to him? Or maybe he isn't as motivated against a Real Betis or a Celta Vigo compared to those big nights when the whole world is watching.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Liverpool v Man City tonight. Let’s bet how many times the commentators will mention Anfield on European nights...

Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a 50-50? All the pundits have been coming out with comments like 'I can't choose between them, it's a shooutout, it's a real 50-50' etc.

Man City are 18 points clear of Liverpool in the league and have a game in hand.

Liverpool can win the tie, of course, but this isn't a 50-50. If City play to anywhere near their potential, then they'll win the tie and probably quite comfortably too.

City have done the double of Chelsea and Arsenal this season. Beat Utd away. Beat Spurs 4-1 at home. Beat Liverpool 5-0 at home.

Liverpool's only wins against top six sides are City and Arsenal at home. They were battered away against City and Spurs. Failed to beat United home and away. Drew at home to Chelsea.

I get that Liverpool play really exciting football. But they have to play amazing to be able to win. Anything less and they lose against any decent opposition.

I see this as 75-25 in City's favour. They should win the tie.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wonder if Lewandowski would be rated more highly if he played in a better league?

Well if Lewandowski is in the conversation, why isn't Kane? In 2017 he scored more goals than Lewandowski in a more competitive league. Lewandowski has to prove himself in La Liga or the BPL for me to ever even put him in the same bracket as Ronaldo, same as I don't put Kane in that bracket. Messi and Ronaldo are in a league of their own.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a 50-50? All the pundits have been coming out with comments like 'I can't choose between them, it's a shooutout, it's a real 50-50' etc.

Man City are 18 points clear of Liverpool in the league and have a game in hand.

Liverpool can win the tie, of course, but this isn't a 50-50. If City play to anywhere near their potential, then they'll win the tie and probably quite comfortably too.

City have done the double of Chelsea and Arsenal this season. Beat Utd away. Beat Spurs 4-1 at home. Beat Liverpool 5-0 at home.

Liverpool's only wins against top six sides are City and Arsenal at home. They were battered away against City and Spurs. Failed to beat United home and away. Drew at home to Chelsea.

I get that Liverpool play really exciting football. But they have to play amazing to be able to win. Anything less and they lose against any decent opposition.

I see this as 75-25 in City's favour. They should win the tie.

I can see Liverpool winning a one off game like tonight purely because of their front 3 but over the course of the tie, City will probably go through. Take the front 3 out of Liverpool and they’re an average team on paper. Liverpool were brilliant in the 4-3 game but even in that game, they nearly threw it away. I’ve seen a lot of people say that they haven’t missed Coutinho but if you look at their midfield, I think they do because he was the link between the midfield and forward line. 

Interesting selection by Pep with the 4 midfielders. Will Sane be playing at lwb in a back 3  then have De Bruyne behind Jesus up front or will it be Laporte at left back in a flat back 4?

Archived