Super Nuge - a fan thread

jono

I had to go back 10 pages to find a Nuge thread and that was just about him being in the starting lineup. So here's my fan thread. 

i don't want to talk tactics or preferences because I think GR is building a squad with options for different occasions

but I do want to talk about Nuge as a personality and positive force. What an attitude ! He plays with a grin on his face and boundless effort. I get the feeling he is like a fan who gets called from the crowd in a movie and given a chance to play. What's more he is blooming effective. 8 goals in 12 starts. He gets his team mates playing and laughing, gets in the face of the opposition and can put the the ball in the net against anyone (other than PNE :p)

Makes going to matches just that little bit more entertaining. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree totally, he runs the channels superbly put a shift in causes opposition defenders a torrid time and all with a smile on his face. 

He must be a dream to have around the club, he plays every game like it's his first (just as we all did as kids on the local park) jumpers for goalposts and all that. 

He has quickly become my favourite current player, he plays the game as it should be played 100% effort 100% of the time. 

Even when he's not in the 11 he can be seen supporting his team mates like a fan, great addition to the club. 

It's safe to say that I'm a big Nuge fan. ????

24 minutes ago, jono said:

I had to go back 10 pages to find a Nuge thread and that was just about him being in the starting lineup. So here's my fan thread. 

i don't want to talk tactics or preferences because I think GR is building a squad with options for different occasions

but I do want to talk about Nuge as a personality and positive force. What an attitude ! He plays with a grin on his face and boundless effort. I get the feeling he is like a fan who gets called from the crowd in a movie and given a chance to play. What's more he is blooming effective. 8 goals in 12 starts. He gets his team mates playing and laughing, gets in the face of the opposition and can put the the ball in the net against anyone (other than PNE :p)

Well said sir! Always been a fan even in opposition. Too many play like they've not been to the toilet in months. 

Reminds me a little of Tommy Johnstone but with skill. Ok sorry Tommy you could play too. Sometimes :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, jono said:

Good stuff Jono. Where does he rank so far on our most prolific strikers list?  8 in 12 is quite a return.

I love him, plays like he knows it's not going to last forever so he's going to enjoy himself as long as it does last. Great attitude and also my favourite player in our squad.

ALL YOU NEED IS NUGE RA DA DA DA DA, ALL YOU NEED IS NUGE, NUGE,    NUGE IS ALL YOU NEED. 

I like him a lot,big personality and very direct on goal.....perhaps not the most talented scorer,tends to be a poacher of goals but that's  all to the good,it's just what a team like derby needs sometimes.

My only criticism was his bigging himself up and his relationship with vydra during his interview this week.....it was a little unsubtle to my mind.

he's doing really well and his performances can do the talking....

32 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Smart, works hard, popular with the other lads and the fans and critically, he scores goals. Gotta love him really! :)

Hang on there. Gotta love him really? You know full well that there is a Negative Nigel out there waiting for him to have a blip in form and then all of a sudden he's our latest scape goat. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hang on there. Gotta love him really? You know full well that there is a Negative Nigel out there waiting for him to have a blip in form and then all of a sudden he's our latest scape goat. :unsure:

Think he's still busy slagging off Martin mate :lol:

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's got that "Dave factor" for sure.

We all know a Dave who's like that.

Or a Derek

What I like about him most is his encouragement of his team mates, especially when they're being substituted. I have no inside information but I would imagine that he's really popular in the dressing room and a dream to manage. It's no wonder he's had the career he has had, been constantly in demand and popular wherever he's gone.  He's one of those that you think earns his salary

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I like him a lot,big personality and very direct on goal.....perhaps not the most talented scorer,tends to be a poacher of goals but that's  all to the good,it's just what a team like derby needs sometimes.

My only criticism was his bigging himself up and his relationship with vydra during his interview this week.....it was a little unsubtle to my mind.

he's doing really well and his performances can do the talking....

I know Kash but you get the feeling if you said that to him directly he'd just grin and say "worth a try to get a game next week" 

Archived