Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I'd rather have officials fully mic up like in Rugby then you'll hear the thought behind a decision. You'll still not please everyone, but it would have the above benefit to managers and fans, and then the media can't twist anything then..... and also cut dissent etc from players. It'll never happen though as clubs won't allow it. 

Sorry never read your post before posting. I agree with the mic as cameras now show every decision right or wrong and I think officials need something to defend their decisions

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Very quiet boys was I right????hmmmm

About what?

Martin is still the better striker,but I rate Nugent too,he's very similar to Martin,which is what and why McLaren brought him in.

Still prefer to see Martin up with vydra,I'd think they would be a superior pairing due to Martin's better lay off capabilities and more sophisticated goal scoring ability.

Bravo Nugent tho,keep it up lad,nothings better than competition.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Carson 7 - Dealt with everything (mostly crosses) until the last couple of minutes.

Wisdom 9 - Was brilliant defensively and going forward. Nearly scored a wonder goal.

Keogh 7 - Same old Keogh, dealt with everything and often picked a good pass to start the attack.

Davies 7 - This game was perfect for him, up against a team who just hoofed it into the box all game. Would have been a MOTM contender for me, if not for the silly 'dive' at the end that lead towards Bolton's goal.

Olsson 7 - Just like against Preston he was a threat all game long down that left ... and he dealt with their key man Morais really well.

Huddlestone 7 - Did the job he needed to do.

Johnson 8 - Special mention to Johnson today. I thought he was fantastic and he's looking like a really good partner for Huddlestone.

Russell 9 - Best performance for a while. Got an assist and really should have caused them to have a red if not for a poor decision by the ref. 

Vydra 7 - Was the key man in the first half, involved in everything, but really should have scored his 1 on 1.

Weimann 7 - Not as involved as he was against Preston, but linked up well with the other forwards.

Nugent 9 (MOTM) - Brilliant performance. His work rate for a 32 year old is fantastic and leads to opponents making so many mistakes.

Subs:

Lawrence 6 - A few nice flicks and touches but was a little selfish on a couple of occasions. This isn't Ipswich lad, you don't need to do it all on your own. :lol:

Martin 6 - Didn't get many touches but held it up well a couple of times.

Butterfield 7 - For the short period he was on he added a bit more life back into the attack.

Should have won by more and disappointed to concede, but overall a good away performance. That front 4 is looking fantastic together and we still have Lawrence, Martin, Bennett, Anya, Butterfield, Bryson and potentially another new signing in reserve. Things are definitely improving.

These ratings are spot on, in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Just got back to the Dales. Thought we were excellent going forward for most of the game. Keogh, Russell and Nugent the stand out players for me. Sorry to all you Jonny haters!!!!

I don't rate Russell personally and the last couple of seasons he has not made me think any different but i don't hate him!!....Just because i dont rate him doesnt mean i hate him and as soon as he has a good game like today which i'm glad he has ,people come on here banging on about JR....over the course of the season we'll see how good he is but when i watch JR i never see a player whos going to be consistently good enough ...but...i hope i'm proved wrong...but well done today Johhny it sounds like you had a good game so well done :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Hang on !!

How are we doing this without Hughes and Ince

Puts his tin hat on LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew there was something fishy going on, where has this half decent Russell come from? is it Ince in disguise? very good imitation if so. 

18 minutes ago, Saity said:

I don't rate Russell personally and the last couple of seasons he has not made me think any different but i don't hate him!!....Just because i dont rate him doesnt mean i hate him and as soon as he has a good game like today which i'm glad he has ,people come on here banging on about JR....over the course of the season we'll see how good he is but when i watch JR i never see a player whos going to be consistently good enough ...but...i hope i'm proved wrong...but well done today Johhny it sounds like you had a good game so well done :thumbsup:

Hey there's no "banging on" by me about JR. He had a good game and I called it as such. Can't abide all the negativity towards our players and it pains me to read comments from folk who just seem to revel in it when certain players form is poor. I support the 11 GR puts out to play.......end of!

22 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I knew there was something fishy going on, where has this half decent Russell come from? is it Ince in disguise? very good imitation if so. 

We'll have to watch very carefully for grumpyness and body language towards martin.

Smiling, sticking his tongue out and playful pat on Martin's bottom, that's our JR.

Walking around in huff and giving Martin the mung eye?....Ince is a ram!

28 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be fair we have played fairly crap teams for our wins.....Lawrence will make up for a lot though,I'm sure

Don't agree with that Preston though poor on Wednesday (and that could be because we made them look that way)  have beaten Wednesday,Reading and got a away draw with Leeds with ten men so are no mugs.

Just now, Beagle said:

Don't agree with that Preston though poor on Wednesday (and that could be because we made them look that way)  have beaten Wednesday,Reading and got a away draw with Leeds with ten men so are no mugs.

PNE are a "par" team in the division, IMO - no mugs, organised, can play a bit, will hunt top 6 but perhaps not get there.

Bolton? Probably rubbish but i wasn't at the game.

Good win, good performance and all we need to do is take our chances to put it in the net. Should have been more than 2 tbh. Their player should seen red card not yellow card ffs. 

Oh and by the way I'm glad Johnny shut you up today. (Another assist :D:lol:

4 minutes ago, DEL said:

Good win, good performance and all we need to do is take our chances to put it in the net. Should have been more than 2 tbh. Their player should seen red card not yellow card ffs. 

Oh and by the way I'm glad Johnny shut you up today. (Another assist :D:lol:

What was the away atmosphere like today DEL ? 

Archived